Thread: Trouble with the Linden Monofin

Trouble with the Linden Monofin

I adore my Mermaid Linden Monofin by Bodyglove. It's super comfortable, and has great propulsion. However, I've been having some serious trouble with the straps. In particular, the padding on the straps swivels as I use it, so that the straps themselves slide off my heels as I swim. I can only go one length of the pool before they slip off. Does anybody have any ideas? I've considered just cutting the padding off, and using neoprene socks, but I hesitate to make such a permanent change. Do you guys think I should do it? Has anyone else done this? Does anyone have any other ideas they think I should try first?
    Picture of the backwards padding so you can all see what I mean.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B06jTzAn...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by Mermaid Catherine; 08-08-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Photo is unavailable. Do you mean that the straps has lost its elasticity? Or maybe its too loose?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    wearings socks should help!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B06jTzAn...on_share_sheet
    Try that. No, the movement of my foot pushes the padding on the back of the strap down, so it rotates around the strap. This movement causes the whole strap to slip off my heel.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Two ideas:
    Stuff foam or cloth between the back of the strap and the padding to jam it in place.
    Glue.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah glue should work

If you're the type that likes to take all the separate pieces out to dry, sew, one side of velcro to the inside of the padding and the other side, sew onto a pair of neoprene socks.

I've had my one since april and it's never twisted round but it does slip down my heels so I'm gonna start wearing the neoprene socks that came with it. I find when I put it on at the edge of the pool and get in, I have to tighten the straps further and I'm on the last notch but still slips

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

Tie/sew an elastic band over the tops of your feet, from one strap to the other.

Lots of great ideas! Thanks guys!

I've been having this issue as well! I thought maybe my oldest stretched the straps a bit after he tried it out (He's on the last setting for the strap) but no matter how tight, the straps slip. I haven't tried it in a tail, so I was hoping that might help, but yeah. I might see if I can bunch that logo strap down to one side and see if the actual strap stays without it before I cut or alter it.
    ~ New to the idea of building my own tail, cosplay momma with pink hair and a farm.

Thread necromancy, but I just got a Linden and I'm having the same problem! Did anyone resolve this? I haven't tried wearing the booties yet, my natural flippers are, alas, size 12 women's, so I'm skeptical of jamming them into the pockets with more neoprene on?

Welp, nevermind. I realized the hook between the heel straps was not for hanging the fin up on the wall, but is meant to be attached to the center post between the foot pockets. I'm a dope, and everything works fine now.