Thread: Issues with the verification?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Issues with the verification?

A lot of people keep messaging me about issues with the verification of creating an account. Anyone know what's up? I tried testing it and I also can't make it work..Theres been some posts to the fanpage about it too.

This is what I see when i tested it, and it says it's wrong...

Has anyone who joined recently figured it out? one girl has been spamming it in groups

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    A lot of people keep messaging me about issues with the verification of creating an account. Anyone know what's up? I tried testing it and I also can't make it work..Theres been some posts to the fanpage about it too.

This is what I see when i tested it, and it says it's wrong...

Has anyone who joined recently figured it out? one girl has been spamming it in groups
    So far the only way I found that worked for people is to use Internet Explorer (Not Edge and Chrome) and to use a gmail address.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

They can always change to email to something different after they are registered

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    This is most likely silly, but what happens if you answer "merman" to the first question?
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

The first answer is merman. I can change it if it's confusing people.

I do get emails about registration issues. Most of the issues we hear about are either incorrect answers, or the actual questions don't show up on mobile for some reason. I don't know why they don't show up. But without the questions we had literally a dozen or more spammers (each posting multiple times) a day for weeks. It was dreadful, if anyone remembers that in 2017. I remember it was October, because I was on vacation in the middle of nowhere on a mountain, and I would drive 20 mins to the main office of the park a few times a day when I could. Just so I could steal their wifi (no cell signal anywhere up there) just to come on here and ban spammers cause it was sooo bad.

Anyway, the recaptcha wasn't working to stop them, our anti-spam software wasn't catching all of them, and when I went researching, registration questions were the only thing that worked for other forums who had this problem. I tried other things first- questions were the only thing that worked. I just wish I could figure out why they don't show up on mobile.

Another thing is verification emails not coming through. When I researched it, best I can tell is that the emails aren't even going to spam folders anymore, they're just blocked from the inbox. Best I can figure is so many automated emails go out, and people would mark as spam instead of unsubscribing (like from emails that tell you when someone else has replied to a thread you subscribed to), that we got blacklisted or something. I don't know how to fix it, either.

Sorry guys :/ If anyone has any answers you can let me know. I just don't know enough about the guts of the software to find fixes!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hahah so, for whatever reason it was telling me ten was wrong, and a few others too. Slim- remember that girl who posted in all the groups and we were like, TRY TEN? TRY 10! TRY X! lol So I didn't even look at merman! I wonder if that's the mistake others have been making too. It's just weird because it was saying question 3 so I wasn't even LOOKING at question 1. LOL

I am all in support of anything that keeps spammers out. Keeps us illiterate folks out too hahaha

Junior Member Euro Pod

Visit Mermaid Selphy's Youtube Channel
    Hello! I am new to the forum thanks to the nice support! I had issues as well with the questions and answers. And yes, my mistake was also the "mermaid/merman" answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Hahah so, for whatever reason it was telling me ten was wrong, and a few others too. Slim- remember that girl who posted in all the groups and we were like, TRY TEN? TRY 10! TRY X! lol So I didn't even look at merman! I wonder if that's the mistake others have been making too. It's just weird because it was saying question 3 so I wasn't even LOOKING at question 1. LOL

I am all in support of anything that keeps spammers out. Keeps us illiterate folks out too hahaha
    I remember that.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Another thing is verification emails not coming through. When I researched it, best I can tell is that the emails aren't even going to spam folders anymore, they're just blocked from the inbox. Best I can figure is so many automated emails go out, and people would mark as spam instead of unsubscribing (like from emails that tell you when someone else has replied to a thread you subscribed to), that we got blacklisted or something. I don't know how to fix it, either.

Sorry guys :/ If anyone has any answers you can let me know. I just don't know enough about the guts of the software to find fixes!
    If it’s what I think it is, the fix is easy however it takes time. You’ll have to reach your email provider and get them to remove the blacklisting for this server to your email account. Chances are there was so much of it stayed in the spam folder that the system recognized it as spam and blocks it before it reaches the email account.

If you both could use someone to help people manually get people through the registration , I’m happy to offer the help.

Survivor of cyberbullies

I think you can use this site https://grizzlysms.com/gmail (temporary us number for gmail verification), it might help. It was literally the only option that helped me when I faced the same issue.

Good day! I bought a new phone and I can't log in because it's blocked and I've forgotten my passwords and I don't know what to do about it. This is my first time using my iPhone, so I need some help.

Hi. The screen lock stands so that if your phone is stolen or lost it cannot be unlocked, but sometimes there are situations where you personally forget your login details and you need to bypass it. I've had that too and was helped a lot by an article on the subject on setapp.com . It will help you learn how to bypass the blocking in a number of ways and tell you what to do to make sure this doesn't happen again.