Thread: Hide Monofin / Fluke Only

Junior Member Euro Pod HaleyTremont's Avatar

Hide Monofin / Fluke Only

Hi everyone !

I have a weird project in mind, or at least I think it's weird . Mermaid tails are forbidden in the swimming pool I go to, so I want to "cheat" and hide/cover my monofin with a flesh/nude fluke only, like a "bag" for the monofin. I have the Dolphin Monofin from Mad Wave (Finis Foil dupe).

- As it's a narrow and not mermaid shapped monofin, do you know what is the best fluke shape ? I was thinking maybe add some vinyl/PVC fabric on the side to be more stiffer (but still floppy)

- Do you have tips to "pimp" the fluke ? I mean, to make it a minimum cool and not just monofin + fabric xD

- Is it better to buy a printed tail on AliExpress to take the printed fluke as a base ?

If you have other ideas ... and like always : sorry for my english

PS : I plan to use this technique : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkwSM7bqNVM
    Last edited by HaleyTremont; 09-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    If its banned and they catch you, you'll likely be banned from their swimming pool. And then, you'll have NOWHERE to swim.

Now, do you really want to take that chance?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Yes maybe I should explain xD
    Actually, I just asked at the front desk when I bought my ticket and I saw in the lady's eyes : "WTF is that question ? Mermaid tail ? Weirdo ... Never heard that ... I'll just say no in case of ..."
    So I want something nude and cool to pimp my monofin (not a huge fluke, just more mermaid shape), I know I won't be banned they will just ask me to remove it. When people don't put their swimming cap, safety guards just tell them to put one or go out the pool. So if they told me it's not allowed to cover the monofin I'll remove it and it will be ok. They're cool xD
    Last edited by HaleyTremont; 09-10-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    If they allow monofins without a skin, why not just swim with that? It is easier to get on and off (which may be part of the concern), and as for swimming, its about the same as with a skin.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

So why swim in a tail ? Just put a swimwear and a monofin it's the same ... It's a personnal choice, my favorite part of the tail is the fluke. I wanted to take a Luna but it was too expensive and the color ... yerk ugly

I would first swim with just the monofin on - no tailskin. If no one says anything about it not being allowed, the next time you can wear the whole thing.
    If anyone asks you about the monofin, don't mention it is for mermaiding but mention you are working on swim training to learn how to do the dolphin kick or you are practicing freediving with a monofin. Swimmers and freedivers will go to the pool and swim laps while wearing their monofin. If they seem a bit unsure about even allowing you to use the monofin, they likely won't let you have a whole tail.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleyTremont View Post
    So why swim in a tail ? Just put a swimwear and a monofin it's the same ... It's a personnal choice, my favorite part of the tail is the fluke. I wanted to take a Luna but it was too expensive and the color ... yerk ugly
    Please be aware that your personal choice may risk them banning monofins entirely and ruin it for other. Think things throughly.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I already swim there with my monofin there is no problem. I bought one tail on AliExpress I just hope it will fit my monofin.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I would first swim with just the monofin on - no tailskin. If no one says anything about it not being allowed, the next time you can wear the whole thing.
    If anyone asks you about the monofin, don't mention it is for mermaiding but mention you are working on swim training to learn how to do the dolphin kick or you are practicing freediving with a monofin. Swimmers and freedivers will go to the pool and swim laps while wearing their monofin. If they seem a bit unsure about even allowing you to use the monofin, they likely won't let you have a whole tail.
    I would go with this idea.
    Formerly known as ireneho