Views:	429 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	323
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 2010-11-10 at 22.11 #4.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	324

Any suggestions???? I also will go with the color of the tail if it changes color....
    I was born a fish!

Outrageous makeup!

Love the scales! I tried to do them a few days ago and it ended up looking like dirt on my face...placement is important xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jewel View Post
    Love the scales! I tried to do them a few days ago and it ended up looking like dirt on my face...placement is important xD
    My secret is... fish net tights... I just cut a section out of the leg peace pulled it over my head and bam you start painting them on, but be careful taking it off, be gentle about it cuz it will rub and smear... but thats how i get my scales...
    I have seen some people just take their finger and dab them on, I have to try it one day... It was alright, it did give that scale look so I might do that here in the next day or so in a different color any suggestions???
    Good luck if you try again!!! I will want to see pics!!!! hehe

ps I might do a tutorial with the fish nets
    I was born a fish!

Wasn't there already a tutorial on YouTube that featured that technique?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Looks good!

There are several already out there, actually. My favorite one below, because it's from elfSTRUCK! which does (well, use to do) fairy looks. She's rather dropped off the map, sadly. I highly recommend checking out her other videos and/or her blog on LiveJournal- that's where I use to follow and it proves more info than just what the videos provide.

Oh well I didnt know, but I guess there is...
    I was born a fish!

I used a netting bag for my ballet shoes to make my scales. They have round holes in them so the scales looked slightly different. Actually, the scales looked fine! I just screwed up on the placement and by using black
    Mermaid Jewel

I just realized that could have come off as rather snippy. Sorry about that- there was a bit of a issue drama wise with this look on FB so I guess that's where that came from. Didn't mean to offend

I do think it looks good though- love the different colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jewel View Post
    I used a netting bag for my ballet shoes to make my scales. They have round holes in them so the scales looked slightly different. Actually, the scales looked fine! I just screwed up on the placement and by using black

Ahhhh I see, well I hope that the next try comes out better
    I was born a fish!

Name:  mermaid makeup.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  8.5 KB

my first attempt. and then some. i started with just the forehead and checks, and then did the lips and eyeshadow cause i was about to wash it off in the shower anyway. what do you think?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!