Thread: New Zealand Merfolk, Nyola & Kwilena are coming to you!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+

New Zealand Merfolk, Nyola & Kwilena are coming to you!

So Worldcon is in Wellington next year, and we're going, and will have a few weeks to wander and see and swim the sights.

It would be neat to have a swim with any locals, and know what pools are tail friendly. We arrive late July - brrr winter and have a few weeks after that to wander around after Worldcon/ConZealand.
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Things are still up in the air, or rather, firmly on the ground about this - of course Worldcon was cancelled due to The 19. Western Australia is still in hard border closures, and we don't know how long that will last.
    However there's talk of this trans-Tasman bubble and who knows, perhaps it will come into effect by then and we won't need to cancel our plane ride.

I was so gutted WorldCom had to be cancelled, I was so excited to get the chance to meet my favourite author, Mercedes Lackey.

I had flights booked and am planning to go & catch up withy brother anyway.

If you do end up coming over, we could have a mer meeting. I should have a tail by then, I can check what Wellington pools say about monofins/ tails & we could swim if you feel up to packing a tail.

Anyone else live/going to be in Wellington then? I'd love to meet other mers, it's lonely down here in the South Island

Sent from my CPH1875 using MerNetwork mobile app

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Mercedes is lovely! We would love to have a mermeet with you - I am determined to bring a tail. We are planning to see the South Island as well, so will keep you posted.

Yay looking forward to meeting other mers.

I'll be in Wellington for a day either side of the original worldcon dates, but am normally in Christchurch.

Are you planning on visiting Golden Bay at all? I used to live there with my grandma, where her house is the tide goes out for miles (almost literally) and if you get a sunny day and a late afternoon high tide, it is so warm to swim after the water comes in over the sand that's been absorbing heat from the sun all day. In summer it can get warmer than heated kids swimming pools, but even in winter it's still warm enough to swim in. If you wanted to do some sea swimming. There's a chance I might be able to hook you up with some cheap/free accommodation there as well, if you're interested.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Golden Bay sounds lovely! It's just so all uncertain at the moment - we will just have to see what the borders do, but otherwise, perhaps we can meet up with you in Christchurch when the TransTasman bubble hopefully opens up.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    We had no hard set plans beyond Worldcon and visiting my cousin up in Gisborne, and a few weeks to wander all around so are definitely interested in recommendations by people who actually live there. Especially merpeople. :-D