Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swimtails reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Rivera View Post
    Yes they promote their brand for only monofin use.

I can understand that, but even then, you would really have to add in that risk factor. With a risky past like that, I still wouldn't expect someone to want a mahina tail THAT badly. Especially considering the other tails on the market. You could get a custom one instead of worrying about it even arriving!!

Are there any reviews or customers you all know of that purchased from them recently?
    It doesn't matter. People at large don't do much research before buying things. Swimtails fills that gap of "it looks good enough" and "I can afford that" as well as being easily accessible to order from. They aren't going to go away until another (and hopefully better) tailmaker takes that market from them.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    It doesn't matter. People at large don't do much research before buying things. Swimtails fills that gap of "it looks good enough" and "I can afford that" as well as being easily accessible to order from. They aren't going to go away until another (and hopefully better) tailmaker takes that market from them.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

As a newer mermaid, I am curious to see your comments on this. She has changed her name today on Instagram as well as her webpage. She is making some interesting claims on her instagram and I am curious to hear y’all’s input on it because I am not sure about all the details on this company’s history. It seems to be a very polarizing thing in the mermaid community right now.

Add Aquariuz on Facebook Add Aquariuz on Google+
    Other than to say that the rule of law was the primary determination in the resolution of this dispute, I cant make a public statement just yet until the rest of the legal work is wrapped up. My thanks to the friends who have been supportive and helpful~

Believe people when they show you who they are. Seems like she enjoys playing the victim for how many years now?

Aquariuz I'm sorry you had to go through this and hopefully she doesn't continue to be petty.

So she has definitely changed her name and has also created a new web address too.
    https://shellomermaid.com/

hopefully she will change her previous way of doing business and go forward honestly.

considering that she's the art thief and hasn't refunded a bunch of mermaids from when she was running swimtails, I don't have much hope
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

I wish I could comment further on this, believe me, but it is still going on. Last week she/they revived the Aquarius Website domain and the Aquarius Mermaid Tails facebook page, so, they are running one business with two names at this point. So, unless a settlement and release agreement can be reached this week, we are heading into litigation. Also, some of you were wondering whether or not Ryan Newman was involved with the current business, and the answer is yes, Shello Mermaid and Aquarius Mermaid Tails is registered to both of them.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquariuz View Post
    I wish I could comment further on this, believe me, but it is still going on. Last week she/they revived the Aquarius Website domain and the Aquarius Mermaid Tails facebook page, so, they are running one business with two names at this point. So, unless a settlement and release agreement can be reached this week, we are heading into litigation. Also, some of you were wondering whether or not Ryan Newman was involved with the current business, and the answer is yes, Shello Mermaid and Aquarius Mermaid Tails is registered to both of them.
    I’m sorry. I’m not at all shock Ryan is involved. I’m hoping you win this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Someone should give a summary of all of this (as specific and concise as can be) to the new Mod. He was talking about updating the tail maker blacklist but also adding warnings for situations like this. I haven't been following it and tbh I don't have the time to track it all down.

Yes, the public should certainly be informed about what is really going on with this company. For legal reasons I cant get involved with all that until the lawsuit is wrapped up. But there is a lot of information available on public record of the Colorado Courts. Its not too difficult to connect the dots with what information is available there.

Yeah I'd really like to hear the concise story. I had gotten my tail from Shello in May/June before the naming dispute, and didn't know of the drama until I started poking around the community afterwards. At first I was told Kristie was a third party (just a designer/sewist?) to the entire Swimtails cheating+closing stuff, and just went on to make her own company, but this thread implies otherwise.

I have a soft spot for people trying to recover from business mistakes and succeed the next time (see: Limebarb->Lemonbrat); her designs are gorgeous, the craftsmanship is solid, and the limited batch strategy sounds like a good plan to avoid the mass amount Swimtails did.
    But claims of thousands of dollars still owed and art theft especially.... Is giving me a bit of buyers remorse.
    Last edited by Oshi; 09-26-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Kristie Foster was and is the registered owner of Swimtails, Aquarius Mermaid Tails, and now Shello Mermaid. Her name is on the colorado business registration for all three businesses, as well as BBB registered owner, and the Swimtails USPTO trademark registration, as well as still the admin of the Swimtails facebook page. Additionally, the Aquariusmermaid.com domain name is registered to Swimtails. She is the primary business owner. There never was a third party/ investor/ silent partner, or if there was, there is not a single documented evidence of it. All of this info is available to the public in the Colorado Bankruptcy court records, and Colorado Secretary of State business registrations, and USPTO trademark registration records, and online domain name search.
    Last edited by Aquariuz; 09-27-2020 at 09:40 PM.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/...v_Foster_et_al

Settlement agreement reached, favorable for Aquariuz. You have to pay for the pdf download if you actually want to read the settlement agreement at this link, but you can probably guess what it says.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Yay! You won! Grats!
    Formerly known as ireneho