So, just ordered my Hero 7 with dive housing and underwater colour correction filters. Yes, I once said you can fix it in post, but for one it is easier if it is at least partially fixed beforehand, and second when you get such a huge colour imbalance as underwater, chances are that the blue channel goes into overdrive, basically making attemts to correct it very hard and depriving you of adjustment margins.

Went for the 7, as the Hero 8 just came out and the "old" model, which is way good enough for me, experienced quite a price drop.

Another new thing I found is a new editing software. It is way easier to use than Blender (which is for making digital effects and 3D animations, not primarily for cutting a film), smaller and has a faster output. It is called Olive (https://www.olivevideoeditor.org/), is open source and available for Windows, Linux and Mac. Officially it is still in alpha, but is really, really usable already. Unfortunately there is no manual, but with some video tutorials on Youtube, one gets a hang of it really quick.

The toolbox seems very limited at first, but is big enough to fulfill all cutting needs I came across up until now. And honestly, who truly needs a star swipe? And if you really, really do, there are ways to implement it with the tools at hand and maybe a painting program like Inkscape or Gimp. As said, Youtube is really helpful there.

One point I *do* miss are the measuring tools, like histogram and the color scope. They would really help in tuning in the contrast, colour and such. But maybe one can request it as a feature. As said, it is still an alpha. A very stable and usable one, but alpha nevertheless.

Will go for a dive trip tomorrow and hopefully bring back some footage. If I find the time (it also is NaNoWriMo), I'll put up a video soon, so you can see how the camera and tool chain worked out.

Sent from my H3311 using MerNetwork mobile app