Thread: Mersonas

Mersonas

I wanna know.

What is your Mersona?

My mersona is named Calisai (CAL-ih-sigh), a deep sea mermaid who has currently adapted to being a freshwater mermaid because of the area I’m in. I have a silver tail (will make one eventually). I like to find shiny, sparkly trinkets and treasures and horde them in my hideaway cave. I’m a bit of a solo mermaid, not really part of a pod. I’m shy and like to hide from people. They might see a flash of silver or my face peeping out and say, “Who is that mysterious mermaid?”
    Last edited by Calisai; 11-27-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Nice to meet you Calisai. I do hope that one day you get that silver tail. May you find gadgets and gizmos a-plenty.

Makes sense Tattooed mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I'm the tattooed mermaid cos I have loads of tattoos and still going lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

Thank you, Galaxia! I have a lazy sketch of my tail design, and I have an idea in my mind on how I want it in color (flesh-toned in certain parts and black speckles on the silver scales). I’ll start posting in a tail-making thread once I begin crafting a monofin out of Lexan polycarbonate and swimming with the monofin to see how I like it. I want to make a fabric and sequin tail. I’ll wait until the holidays are over before I buy materials because right now work is hectic, and buying gifts for people for Christmas is top priority. Once the weather warms again, hopefully the tail will be finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    I wanna know.

What is your Mersona?

My mersona, as shown on my page on Deviant Art: https://www.deviantart.com/currentthemerboy is Current.

I felt so clever when I came up with it, Current being a play on my real name, Curtis. If I really could become a merman, you'd better believe I'd go by this nickname

As a merboy, I'd have a blue tail, with more of a soft color, not too highly saturated.

Hello, Im just starting out creating my mersona. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by anwoke8204 View Post
    Hello, Im just starting out creating my mersona. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.
    Well, you can do what I did and think about an ocean themed word that relates to your name or personality.
    You also can simply think of what color you'd want for a tail.

It really is just - if you were a mer, what would you want to look like? That's the way I've gone about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CurrentTheMerboy View Post
    My mersona, as shown on my page on Deviant Art: https://www.deviantart.com/currentthemerboy is Current.

I felt so clever when I came up with it, Current being a play on my real name, Curtis. If I really could become a merman, you'd better believe I'd go by this nickname

As a merboy, I'd have a blue tail, with more of a soft color, not too highly saturated.
    I love the play on words Current.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    I love the play on words Current.
    Ha, ha, yeah, I quite like it myself. If my last name were a little bit different, I could've made my whole name into a merfolk one.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Visit Mermaid_Izzy's Youtube Channel
    Izzy is an abbreviation of my human name. I am a freshwater mermaid that lives in the Appalachian (app-a-latch-an) Mountains, so I am used to having legs for long periods of time as I travel from lake to stream or other body of water and I also take shelter on land during the winter months. I have a deep connection to the natural world and an ability to communicate with those animals who want to.

My tail is primarily a dark blue with hints of green in the scales closer to my dorsal. The front of my tail is a light creme covered in black spots. I look very similar to my freshwater friend, the rainbow trout.

When I am on land I masquerade as a human who is very passionate about the environment and being a voice for those that can’t speak.

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app