Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I’m going to make a neoprene tail, my first!

I’m going to make a neoprene tail, my first!

Ok so I finally drew my tail design! Tell me if there’s any flaws you can see with my design! I’m going to use spray paint for color, and seal it with rustoleum rubber sealant clear. I will also use pigment for the finer details mixed with the sealant. I’m going to make my monofin out of water shoes tied down to a flexible plastic from an office mat😁 I’m trying to do this as cheaply and quality as I can. I’m going to the fabric store tomorrow to hopefully procure some neoprene. So my list is:
    -Neoprene
    -Thick thread (yes I’m hand sewing the whole thing cause I don’t trust my sewing machine lol)
    -Elastic band (for the waist so it’s snug)
    -2 zippers
    -spray paint
    -pigment
    -clear, flexible, rubber sealant
    Wish me luck! Ill add pictures when I can figure out how😅

Help! I can’t post pictures!��

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    You have to post the pictures somewhere else, and put a link to them here.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Oh weird! Thank you so much for telling me tho!

Sorry posting links is the best I could do��

Wow! Looks really nice, I bet it'll come out awesome!

Visit Princess of the sea's Youtube Channel
    Ohh I love that blue color!!

^_^ happy swimming

Thank you so much guys!�� I’m really excited to make one!

Oh wow! Thats such a gorgeous design!
    Definitely keep us posted as you make progress!

Thank you much 00phantom!!

Unfortunately, today I couldn’t find neoprene at Joann fabrics or Hobby Lobby, so it looks like I’ll have to order online, but, I did get my painting supplies, zippers, elastic, strong thread and curved needles! I also got this sparkly ribbon stuff that I’m going to cut out random individual scales of. I’ll update when I get my neoprene or monofin going which will probably be a couple days.

Your tail design looks lovely! I hope MerNetwork eventually fixes the picture problem or updates the site itself because it stinks that we have to post links now when pictures can be seen in older threads (and the site is kinda old-timey, just saying). I can’t wait to see how your tail comes along. Please keep us updated!

I know this is off-topic of the original post, but the picture thing is actuqlly intentional! Allowing mers to upload albums and dozens of photos unfortunately took up a lot of server space, and in order to keep MerNetwork completely free to use, that was the workaround!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calisai View Post
    Your tail design looks lovely! I hope MerNetwork eventually fixes the picture problem or updates the site itself because it stinks that we have to post links now when pictures can be seen in older threads (and the site is kinda old-timey, just saying). I can’t wait to see how your tail comes along. Please keep us updated!
    Sent from my SM-G975U using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Thank you so much Calisai! I definitely will keep you updated! And Mermaid Whisper, that totally makes sense! Now that you feeling figured out how to post links, it’s really not that bad�� So, since Thanksgiving is coming up, I’m going to be gone for almost a week to see family and won’t be able to make any progress (not that I can without my neoprene anyway)but I’m hoping that maybe I can go to Home Depot because their website said they have neoprene. My family lives in a more populated area so maybe their stores will have it�� if not, then I will have to order online.

Finally figured*��

Ok I finally ordered my neoprene! My cousin told me about alibaba.com, it’s like Chinese amazon. I was able to order 3mm neoprene 56”x180” for $12.36 instead of $86-$100+ price tag I was getting shopping in the usa. So hopefully they send me what I ordered lol it’s supposed to take about a month to get here soooooo sorry about the wait, but I need to save the monies haha

Ok it’s not $12.36, it’s $48.36, they got me with the shipping fee! But still it’s a way better deal.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I'm also working on a neoprene tail but sewing scale sequins on it. I found a seller on ebay for the neoprene located in Los Angles but I'm buying 10 yards so I can eventually make a second sequin tail. my sequins are from a company from Alibaba.com
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*