Thread: Any Merfolk with POTS?

Any Merfolk with POTS?

I’m wondering if anyone here has POTS. I’m getting my tail for Christmas and starting my swimming in 2020. I haven’t been able to exercise since my onset of POTS. I’ve noticed that water is a natural compression for my body and it relieves my tachycardia. I figured it might improve my overall health. Has mermaid swimming improved your health?

Calypso 🧜🏻*♀️

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork

Follow Mer-Elf On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by the.siren.calypso View Post
    I’m wondering if anyone here has POTS. I’m getting my tail for Christmas and starting my swimming in 2020. I haven’t been able to exercise since my onset of POTS. I’ve noticed that water is a natural compression for my body and it relieves my tachycardia. I figured it might improve my overall health. Has mermaid swimming improved your health?

Calypso *

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    I do not have it but i have trained people with it. Swimming helps in general but with swimming with a tail it requires a lot more strenuous workout and does improve health. depending on tempature, contents, and elevaton of the water some will help more then the others.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook 14 (CB3-431) using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Yes. It used to take my body months to get over a simple cold. Now its over within 3wks. In combination with 5 hours of walking and bending, which I do because of the volunteer work, I feel great and can hold my breath way better than I used to (3sec breath hold).

I don't have POTS either but the mix of exercise and swimming has done wonders for me.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I have POTS!! And yes! I always feel better in the water, the compression and buoyancy make my low blood pressure, gravity hating body very happy�� I’m sorry you have the disease too, I hope they find the cure soon.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    while I'm not diagnosed as having POTS per se, I noticed about 80% of cited symptoms are identical with Lyme&Co.

I can attest that diving related activities (mermaiding included) can lessen the symptoms of those, because many germs don't like oxygen or frequent pressure changes.