Greetings Merfolk,

I often lurk on here and did post the odd thing a little while ago but haven't been particularly active but I thought I'd pop up and say hello.

I was very focused on setting myself up as a performer a couple of years ago and did a couple of small events but I ended up working quite long hours with my other work and found it consumed all my energy. However, I have cut a day and am finding my general emotional well being quite a bit healthier than it has been previously and as my own happiness has improved, my enthusiasm has too. I have continued to swim with my fin in my local gym pool and outside but it has purely been for leisure. However, after seeing some great fantastical performers at a Christmas party and my parents buying me a the Magic Tail Pirate's Curse tail skin as a Christmas present, I have really felt a surge of passion.

My existing tail is homemade - and I really am pleased with the outcome - fabric tail and I use a Mahina fin. The colours are mainly blues and turquoises. But with the new tail, I am embracing an alter ego I did not expect to find - something a little darker but that reflects my feelings of empowerment. I am still finding out more about her/myself but it really does feel more me somehow. Any ideas on ways to go would really be appreciated - but she is becoming a clearer image. Anyway, I just wanted to say a little bit about where I am at and hopefully have a presence here. I love reading about everyone's Mer-journeys here and seeing such creativity and confidence. It's such an inspiration. Anyway, hello!