Thread: 2020 Mermaid Calendar (with real photos)?

Question 2020 Mermaid Calendar (with real photos)?

Hi Mers,
    Every year I have been gifted a peacock calendar for Christmas, but this year I was not given a calendar. I've been telling myself that once no one gets me a calendar I can finally buy a Weeki Wachee Calendar, but unfortunately Weeki Wachee will not have a 2020 calendar of the mermaids (they said so on their site):
    https://www.merstarworld.com/

So I was thinking, 'Okay, no big deal, I'm sure other mers do calendars." But I'm not seeing other merfolk photo calendars out there!

Here is what I am looking for:
    • Must be for 2020.
    • Must have REAL photos - meaning no photoshopped tails, paintings, digital art, etc. I want photos of actual merfolk in their tails.
    • Must be appropriate enough for hanging in an office (mermaids in bra tops and shirtless mermen is okay, just nothing too sexy haha).

I hope you all can help! I have nothing against mermaid art, but I am so in love with all the beautiful 'real' photos of merfolk because it inspires me a TON, so I really prefer a calendar of that instead of overly fantasized images.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR FISHES!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    My wife got me a mermiad calendar for Christmas. It is the artistic kind. Made by Athesia Kalenderverlag GmbH, article # 3312127, ISBN 978-3-8400-7771-5. Maybe you can get it via Amazon? Otherwise, here is the link:
    https://weingarten-kalender.de/mermaids-2020/

Can't promise that there is absolutely no photoshop involved (frankly most artistic photos nowadays are photoshopped to a certain extend, and may it 'just' be for wrinkles), but the tails, clothes, models and poses look plausible enough to be actual models underwater in a real tail, at least as base.

Sent from my H3311 using MerNetwork mobile app
    Last edited by MermanOliver; 01-04-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Not my cup of tea, but there is:

https://www.nlbmc.com/product/2020-merbys-calendar/
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermanOliver View Post
    https://weingarten-kalender.de/mermaids-2020/

Can't promise that there is absolutely no photoshop involved (frankly most artistic photos nowadays are photoshopped to a certain extend, and may it 'just' be for wrinkles), but the tails, clothes, models and poses look plausible enough to be actual models underwater in a real tail, at least as base.
    Cheryl's stuff is amazing, if you like her style of making the portraits look like an old oil painting.
    Gives the pieces a very surreal and mystical vibe.
    She also does "normal" underwater photos of mermaids, the ones in the calendar all seem to be in the paint art style though.
    Last edited by Echidna; 01-05-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Ahh thank you!
    Yes, I'm okay with those types of photo touch ups such as creating a blended waist in Photoshop or touching up stray hair. Even adding a few fish when there weren't any is okay but the calendars I have been finding don't even use a 'real' tail they just Photoshop on one of the many illustrated tails you can download online to place over photos.

I have seen Youtube videos of Cheryl photographing mermaids underwater. She sets up that photo backdrop and lighting underwater and takes the photos. There is definitely Photoshop involved as well. It is definitely closer to what I am looking for though.

The funny thing is I came across a merman calendar as well Merman Storm! The one I found didn't have very good photos. I'm being a bit picky only because I've been spoiled by seeing all the good merfolk photos.

My other option is getting a calendar that has nice aquatic photos.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Get thee a Fireman calendar. Hubba hubba!

I mean if the guys can have their lady calendar, why can't we girls have a male version?
    Formerly known as ireneho