Thread: Fake tailmaker on Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar

Fake tailmaker on Instagram

Hey guys, I came across this fake tailmaker on Instagram and they’re using stolen photos from various tailmakers, both current and former, including FlipTails and Finspo. I’ve attaches screenshots so you could take a look. I just thought I’d make people aware, since there seems to be a lot of fakery in the mer industry these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Not to mention, when I messaged the tailmaker on their facebook account, they sent me photos of tails made by other tailmakers, so they're definitely not genuine.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Rivera's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rivera on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Rivera's Youtube Channel
    I wonder why they would do that without realizing we can tell who makes the tails? You think they would be stealthier at least and choose the same types of tails from makers. They're just making our job of ratting them out easier!!

Well, a lot of people getting into mermaiding don't really know the different tailmakers yet, nor can they recognize the specific style each tailmaker has. So likely they are hoping for uninformed people to send them money for a tail and then they will either run with the money or make a cruddy tail nothing like the quality they are showing. I'm sure that in some cases a mer might have family wanting to give them a gift of a nicer tail, and their un-informed family/friend/significant other might be suckered by people like this when all they are trying to do is get someone a nicer tail.

That is why I'm always telling people to do their research - not just for mermaid tails but for buying anything. Too many people put all their trust in the seller and believe anything the seller tells them. I've had people argue with me before when I told them what the seller told them was wrong and that they were tricked or the seller didn't even know their product.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Rivera's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rivera on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Rivera's Youtube Channel
    Yeah, that's truly unfortunate. Hopefully no one falls for it though. It's so easy nowadays to look if a company is bad. And hopefully we can keep everyone informed! Especially with how much tails cost, I wouldn't think anyone who just drop that much money without looking for reviews or something.