Thread: Rochester/Rochester Area Merfolk?

Junior Member Pod of New England

Rochester/Rochester Area Merfolk?

Hello! Inquitisve newbie here. Hopefully I have found the right spot to create this thread.

Call me Vicki. I've been poking around and researching the merfolk community and I'm debating getting involved. I don't have a tail, and though I don't doubt my crafting abilities, I'd hate to go through all the money and trouble of making/buying a tail I can only use once in a while. My main drawback is finding somewhere I can reliably swim on a regular or semiregular basis. I'm hoping I can find more experienced mers to talk to, who can give me tips or who know of pools/beaches that allow tails/monofins. Anyone out there?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    There is a growing community on Facebook for the Albany area but I know that still a bit of a drive.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

yeah, that's a little far for me. thank you though!

Junior Member Pod of New England redvenus's Avatar
    The RIT pool lets me swim with my tail; I'm a student but if I remember correctly they do sell memberships to non-RIT-affiliates for various amounts of time. I don't know how far the RIT campus is for you but it's definitely closer than Albany, lol

Omg Rit would be a really good option! It’s not in my backyard by any means, but I have a friend who’s a student there so it would be a good excuse to visit her and swim on the weekends or something. Thanks! Maybe I’ll se you around!