Thread: Love for Merpeople!

Love for Merpeople!

Hi Everyone,
    I am the wife of one of the founders of Finis. I have always loved mermaids and of course when my hubby started the company with the passion of bringing fin swimming to America, it was all about being the fastest! I had an idea and asked him to bring home a wave fin so I could cut it into a tail..anyhow that's the beginning of how Finis got started in mermaiding. Since then we have worked with companies who create beautiful tails, and we also make a fin the Luna which doesn't need a cover for the novice mermaid such as myself! I'm not a strong swimmer and the thought of being put in a tail makes me super nervous..at one point Eric from Mertailor wanted to get me in one of his beautiful fins but with my insecurities in my non athletic body I refused!!! Anyhow the reason why I am joining the forum is because I find it very interesting and I follow quite a few of you on instagram under the name wishiwereinhawaii lol! Anyhow enough rambling... I look forward to being part of your world..my world, our world
    Paula

Wow welcome to the mernetwork. Any ideas in making a bigger Luna as in a huge fluke lol. I do love the luna, but with me being a plus sized mer, a bigger fluke looks better on me

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

Hi there,
    I can certainly ask about it and quite frankly I'm open to learning anything anyone has to say about the existing fins!
    !

Oh my gosh! I love Finis! Thank you so much Paula for joining and telling us your story!

My first mermaid tail I handmade and the monofin I used for it/my very first ever monofin was the Finis Rapid. I now have two other monofins from other companies, but the Rapid is still my favorite monofin due to the amount of power I get from it.

I've had a lot of fun adventures thanks to that monofin from rescuing someone's lost sunglasses to swimming down to the mouth of an underwater cave.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

That's so cool! It's wonderful to hear all the stories ~makes my heart smile!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the mernetwork.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    welcome! i love my trusty little finis aquarius, it's held up great after almost five years (though the caveat is that i don't use it super often).
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Thank you, and I get it!

Would love to see it!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ooo! Welcome from sunny Australia!

Can I ask... Will you ever change the look of the Finis Foil? As much as I love this fin, it just looks like a giant duck foot!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Hello, and thank you! The Foil is one of our most popular training fins for swimmers so it will remain for now the same. What exactly are you looking for with the shape change other than it not looking like a duck? Are you putting it in a full cover and want more or the tail look? Also have you tried the Luna fin of ours? You do get some great propulsion with it. Let me know what your trying to achieve with the shape change. Thanks!

Paula

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by wishiwereinhawaii View Post
    Hello, and thank you! The Foil is one of our most popular training fins for swimmers so it will remain for now the same. What exactly are you looking for with the shape change other than it not looking like a duck? Are you putting it in a full cover and want more or the tail look? Also have you tried the Luna fin of ours? You do get some great propulsion with it. Let me know what your trying to achieve with the shape change. Thanks!

Paula
    No. I haven't tried the Luna. Its too expensive here in Australia. And its not as portable as the Foil. I can stuff the Foil into a bagpack and still have room for the rest of my swim stuff. Something with less ridges, or ridges that are the same on both sides. I make my own tails so I don't use that vinyl stuff for shaping like some companies do, I just work with the shape of the monofins (I have a few, but Foil is my fave).

Make the foot pockets more uniform. Its quite narrow. What alien do you think has those kind of skinny feets? From other reviews I've seen of the Foil, they all report that the foot pockets are pretty narrow, and not made for people with wide feet. Mine is a size S, but my friend who has same size feet as me, but a wider feet cannot get her foot into the pocket.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 01-29-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho