Thread: Baby Mermaid

Baby Mermaid

Hello merfriends!
    I discovered the mermaid community when I saw a video on YouTube of a mermaid convention, and immediately took a liking to it.
    Everyone looked like they were having so much fun, and it seemed like everyone was so nice to each other! I had a desire to be part of the family after I watched the masses of merpeople engaging so happily and enjoying themselves so much.

..This was a week ago. And I've already learned so much in such a little amount of time. To think I didn't know mermaiding existed before Wednesday the 8th!
    Just today, Thursday 16th, two days before my birthday, I learned that one of my friends also has a wish to one day own a mermaid tail, and to swim in it.

I see the videos of the merfolk swimming, and I can imagine, and almost feel myself swimming in the water with a tail of my own. I have two favorite ways of swimming: the dolphin kick, and doggy paddling. So, while I can say I'm not an experienced swimmer, I can also say that I think I will do well with a monofin, and hopefully a full tail.

My first, lovely, talented, main mermaid role-model is none other than @nerdmaidfaith. I discovered and loved her right away when I watched her video of receiving her silicone tail. Watching her videos, I can see how much she enjoys this, and I can feel her passion and love through this handheld device of mine, and maybe, hopefully, some day I will meet her. Maybe by then I would have my own tail, and I could ask her if we could swim together, just once, and I'd be happy. Whenever I will think of mermaiding, I will think of her, and smile. This is a thank you, NerdMaidFaith, for showing me this amazing hobby, community, and life.

At that, I will end, but know that one of your Indiana mermaids is right here, a newbie, but a friend. Love ya! Swimming goodbye!

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    If you're looking for a nice, cheap, yet good tail to start out with, Fin Fun is a great choice. Their tails start at around $50, but unlike some bad cheaper brands, have an emergency release you can use if you start having trouble staying afloat.
    Their fabric tails are pretty nice looking too.

I hope you have a fun time getting into tail-swimming!

Thank you! I will keep that in mind, I appreciate the tip and encouragement!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurrentTheMerboy View Post
    If you're looking for a nice, cheap, yet good tail to start out with, Fin Fun is a great choice. Their tails start at around $50, but unlike some bad cheaper brands, have an emergency release you can use if you start having trouble staying afloat.
    Their fabric tails are pretty nice looking too.

I hope you have a fun time getting into tail-swimming!

If you want to start without being in a full tail, I'm not sure if the Luna by Finis might be a better first try..I am partial to it, but not being a strong swimmer myself I love it.

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Rivera's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rivera on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Rivera's Youtube Channel
    Welcome! I hope you have a good time in our community!

We have a lot of resources here and plenty of merfolk willing to answer any questions you have! I suggest looking at our tail makers list and finding a suitable one for you! (Though if you were to ask me, I also would recommend starting with a FinFun!)

Let us know if you need anything else and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you for the recommendations! I'll be sure to follow through, I really do appreciate the help!!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the mernetwork. There really is a lot of resource here
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies