Thread: Hi there!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi there!

Hey, I'm chloe. Passionate for the ocean, but stuck in illinois. I'm 17 and about to end my senior year of high school, so trying to budget for both college and a silicone tail has been really hard. I have a fabric tail, and I'm trying to find a place to swim besides the beach? I live in orland park and my local pool has said it's not allowed.

Nice to meet you all!
    Last edited by Toastyghosty39; 01-21-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the Mernetwork

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastyghosty39 View Post
    Hey, I'm chloe. Passionate for the ocean, but stuck in illinois. I'm 17 and about to end my senior year of high school, so trying to budget for both college and a silicone tail has been really hard. I have a fabric tail, and I'm trying to find a place to swim besides the beach? I live in orland park and my local pool has said it's not allowed.

Nice to meet you all!
    It’s nice to meet you! I completely understand the stress of saving for college and a tail. I am currently in my second semester of college and trying to gather funds to build another silicone tail.

I am sorry about the ban at your local pool, but you could advocate for the ban to be lifted. There are a lot of resources here to help support your case.

Also don’t let being land locked discourage your passion for the ocean. I live in Virginia, but I’m on the complete opposite side of the state to the ocean. There is still a lot you can learn online and through books to fuel your passion. Trust me

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app