Thread: What tail makers aside from fin fun, mertailor, etc are still active

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

What tail makers aside from fin fun, mertailor, etc are still active

What cheapo fabric tail makers out there are active aside from Fin Fun, Mertailor, Magictail, and Suntail. Delfina hasn't updated their site since 2017 from what I see and 2tails I'm not sure how active they are either. I want to expand my collection and these are all the ones I can think of in the ~$100 range.​ I am _not_ looking for custom stuff or etsy sellers.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I dunno. I wish I could give you advice - I'm not to familiar with the tail-swimming stuff. I'm just a bit too self conscious.

Magictail and Mermaid Kat are still there for example. Or how should I understand that question?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    El cheapo ebay ones, Planet Mermaids Uk, Mermaid tails Uk.

Is Miami Beach Mermaids still around? I remember they had a nice variety of tails.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I'm just curious...Why do you not want to buy a tail off of Etsy?
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    probably because a lot of etsy people are amateurs, who may not necessarily know the proper materials to use for a tail or a fin. i'm just guessing though
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    The vast majority of them still use the foil/holo tails, which rub off easy. Similar to the tails that Fin Fun first made several years ago. For the price a lot of people ask, it just isn't worth it when I could buy a Fin Fun or something else for the same price.

I've opened the pages for all the makers listed in the resources here that made fabric and neoprene and hybrid tails and the only ones I've found still active don't actually make those anymore. Mertailor (which I'm thinking is my best option) and FinFolk (ALL of their fabric tails are sold out >.< ) and FinFun appear to be about all thats left
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    I've opened the pages for all the makers listed in the resources here that made fabric and neoprene and hybrid tails and the only ones I've found still active don't actually make those anymore. Mertailor (which I'm thinking is my best option) and FinFolk (ALL of their fabric tails are sold out >.< ) and FinFun appear to be about all thats left
    Yeah the forum can really show its age at times. I don't think anyone necessarily is keeping any of that up to date. I'd be glad to assist with such things if I knew who to contact.

Add Aquariuz on Facebook Add Aquariuz on Google+
    I had tried to contact the admin and have my company added to the maker list...I never heard anything back, and also see that yeah, that list doesnt seem to have been updated in years. Too bad too, because I think Mernetwork has more honest input than instagram, or just social media in general.
    As far as Etsy goes..there are some really talented artists in Etsy (in all genres), and I continue to keep a shop open on Etsy. The reason? They take care of all my advertising, and sometimes its really nice to be able to disengage from 'pushing' products on social media, creating content, etc..and just work my magic, and people that are looking for what i have, find me. It makes me sad to hear that Etsy doesnt always garner a quality reputation, theres a lot of extremely talented makers in that marketplace. I mean, yeah, theres some crap too, but thats anywhere.
    Having said all that, I dont make $100 tails, and dont know who to recommend either, lol. It would be nice if the tailmaker list was updated

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquariuz View Post
    I had tried to contact the admin and have my company added to the maker list...I never heard anything back, and also see that yeah, that list doesnt seem to have been updated in years. Too bad too, because I think Mernetwork has more honest input than instagram, or just social media in general.
    As far as Etsy goes..there are some really talented artists in Etsy (in all genres), and I continue to keep a shop open on Etsy. The reason? They take care of all my advertising, and sometimes its really nice to be able to disengage from 'pushing' products on social media, creating content, etc..and just work my magic, and people that are looking for what i have, find me. It makes me sad to hear that Etsy doesnt always garner a quality reputation, theres a lot of extremely talented makers in that marketplace. I mean, yeah, theres some crap too, but thats anywhere.
    Having said all that, I dont make $100 tails, and dont know who to recommend either, lol. It would be nice if the tailmaker list was updated
    Easiest way to grab the mod attention is to actually report your own post. I know it sounds a bit backwards but the Mernetwork mod will see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies