Thread: Hello, I'm Fina, bonjour de France!

Hello, I'm Fina, bonjour de France!

Hello I'm new here. My mermaid name is Fina only because well i love the videogame Sky Of Arcadia (old RPG in Dreamcast) a lot and especially Fina as a character therefore i use her name as pseudo often especially on the web and i think it's a cute name so for a mermaid it is a good one even more so as it is also a real life name that i find beautiful. The first time i discovered the sea i was a 3 year old and i have been on sea side quite often since in holidays because i have a aunt who lives there. I like mermaid since well...since i learn about them so it has to be childhood and "the mermaid" was my nickname as a kid because i was very fond of swimming in the sea all day long while joyfully singing in holidays and of course even if i liked mermaids before that when i saw the Disney movie all the songs in it i use to sing at the beach a lot at 7 years old (even if my favorite Disney is not this one but The Beauty and The Beast and now i like Disney but i'm more into other stuff mostly geek/otaku stuff). Then well i'll get older and my culture about mermaids get deeper as i still am a fantasy fan and i still have a soft spot for everything sea and water related. What i like the most about mermaids well it is the dream they represents of living in this marvellous under water world. I have done very little diving but enough to see how breathtaking the view under the sea can be and never did i wanted more to be a mermaid and be able to explore the deep sea as much as when i was diving a bit well that and seeing documentaries about all the beautiful creatures and landscape under the sea. Well of course (except maybe with very advanced technology one day) being a "real mermaid" is just daydreaming but hey living impossible dreams is what costume are made for right?
    So...i did wear a mermaid costume once but it was a normal Halloween one. Even if well it was a scary one and i had a pro for movie make up that did help me with a trick to have bloody teeth like a kind of vampiresque nightmare mermaid it was quite fun. I learned about the existence of mermaiding by getting lost on the Internet one day and was like "wow that stuff is way too cool i want to do that!" so i search for a mermaid school and there was one in my town but the little problem is in France mermaiding is style far from widespread and well...in the club they were only 7 year old girls and i'm 27 so i wasn't feeling like adhere because of that age gap that leave me quite uneasy. I may be a kid in my head but not to the point of feeling at ease in things looking like Mickey Club anymore since long ago. Well...i try to reach the adult french mermaid community but may be i'm not going in the good side of the web for that but alas it looks like it is more or less dead...well here at least it seems alive and thriving. Well now, sorry my english is probably horrible it is not my native language and school english classes start to be a distant memory now.
    Finally i would like a lot to build me a tail and at the very least wear it on land and if i'm very lucky learn to swin with it but i'm a bit short on money for now so at the moment i could only dream. I was a bit afraid that i would be out of place in the community because of that but i've heard that anyone who love mermaids and their mythology a lot could be a part of mermaid community anyway so i take my chance. Is that ok?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the Mernetwork. You’ll do great in this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Thank you very much!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Everyone with a love for the sea or mermaids is welcome here! So welcome to the community and I wish you the best in your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Sorry I'm so late to answer i had been very busy lately off-line. Thanks! Great welcoming!