I found this forum because of the furry community. Before I discovered my feelings, I met my fiance who is a furry. The way she describes it is that it feel like part of your soul is Frome something else. That was when I realized my feelings about being a mermaid. I don't know how, but I do feel like a part of me is mermaid.
It sounds outlandish, but there is a possibility of it actually being that way.

Science still doesn't understand the soul. We know that it's facilitated by the brain because you can lose your arm and you're still you. We don't know what happens to souls when a body dies. I'd there an afterlife? Does the soul just die off? Or, does it get reincarnated?

Reincarnation would assume that somewhere out there are biological mer-folk. We haven't explored our own oceans 100% yet, but the chance of it being on this planet are basically none. Then there's the multiverse theory, and that with an infinite universe, there are infinite possibilities, so everything that could possibly happen, even outside of our laws of physics (because other multiverses may have their own unique set) can and does happen... somewhere.

Part of being grounded in reality is being open to possibilities, open to new understandings of the world as they are discovered. It doesn't matter how outlandish it meet feel, that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MerNetwork mobile app