Thread: Thoughts on Fantasea Fin One?

Thoughts on Fantasea Fin One?

I'm looking to upgrade to a silicone monofin and I was wondering how people like the FF1?

Also! I wear a shoe size 9/9.5 (US) and that's right between a medium and a large... should I size up and just get scuba socks?

Thank you fo any and all feedback!

Sent from my SM-G935V using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLillianna View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade to a silicone monofin and I was wondering how people like the FF1?

Also! I wear a shoe size 9/9.5 (US) and that's right between a medium and a large... should I size up and just get scuba socks?

Sent from my SM-G935V using MerNetwork mobile app

there's a thread about the mertailor fantasea fin somewhere... i wanna say maybe raina's fabric thread? anyways. a lot of people were saying it was comfortable, floppy so easy to transport, but not for speed demons. i think raina has a couple videos about the monofins, i'd have to go look unless she pops onto this thread.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I've definitely seen people say it's not very fast but is wonderful in other regards. I've seen people compare the speed to the finis foil or the Luna, but since I've never used either of those I'm not quite sure what that means. I'd love to know how it compares to the fin fun amp or the Linden. I'm expecting it to be slower than the Linden, but I'm not sure how it compares to the amp.

I love the way it looks in the water and the variety of skins available for it. I also love that it's a little smaller than the other fantasea fins, since I usually swim in a public pool and I'm not sure how large I can go with monofins before I cause crowding.

Personally, I love the fantasea fin one. It's the only monofin I have so I don't have much to compare it to, but it's really comfortable, and it's really pretty when it flows through the water and I love the shape and design of the fluke. It also has a lot of little details sculpted into it that I find really nice, so I actually got the black pearl tail sling because I didn't want to completely cover up the monofin since I loved all the little lines in the fluke. Also, while it's not super fast, you'll definitely notice being faster than swimming without a monofin, which was all I really wanted.

Follow merm.ada On Twitter
    I’ve been swimming with my FF1 for about three months now and it’s very beautiful underwater. It’s definitely not as fast as the Finis Shooter or the FF3, but it’s way better than swimming without a monofin. The plus side is that it’s super comfortable and feels like an extension of myself when I’m swimming through the water. It won’t throw me into a dolphin kick, so I really have to work on my form when swimming, but that will make me a better swimmer in the end.

As for sizing, I have a small for my size 7 feet and it still runs big (I wear scuba socks to fix that problem). I hope this helps a little!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLillianna View Post

I'll add my input too - the Fantasea is a beautiful, realistic fin. Mertailor blatantly states it isn't for speed, but it does have a good push regardless. I'd get it if you want realism, not for speed. Size up, and wear socks. You do need to be careful with it, since it is silicone and you can tear it. It will come with air bubbles (mine in particular had a lot along the seams) but this apparently is normal. Keep some GE Silicone on hand in case repairs need to be made.