Thread: I’m curious

Junior Member Pod of Cali

I’m curious

When you first saw yourself with a tail, perhaps the first time you saw yourself with a tail when you were in a place you felt comfortable, were you overcome with emotion? Did you tear up? I did. I just can’t imagine I am the only one. I felt connected to a long lost part of me. Did you experience something similar? -kailey
    Last edited by merkailey; 02-11-2020 at 12:58 PM.

I don’t hav my tail yet, but will have it soon. I am pretty sure once I get it on and meet my mer for the first time it will be a very emotional time, I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    For me it was a rush of excitement when I went for my first swim. I didn't realize how fast you could move under the water with a monofin. Then able to look down and see it in the water seemed unreal, but there was something about it that just felt right. To me it felt like freedom.

Junior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    To me it felt like freedom.
    I was chatting with a friend the other day and was asked what about mermaids I enjoy or rather what it represented to me. There was way more than I could say in that moment, but I simply replied with “freedom.” Seemed like a good summation of my feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by merkailey View Post
    I was chatting with a friend the other day and was asked what about mermaids I enjoy or rather what it represented to me. There was way more than I could say in that moment, but I simply replied with “freedom.” Seemed like a good summation of my feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that it is such a good adjective to describe being a mermaid because here there isn't really any judgement. Being a mermaid really gives you an outlet to express yourself. It gives you this wave of confidence, or at least it did for me, and confidence in who you are gives you freedom from societal norms.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Actually I was a little disappointed. Despite getting the largest tail offered by the supplier, it pulled off my butt. The really makes it hard to feel like you are a sea creature. I was going on a cruise in just a few days with little time to do a fix. I did get some more material, which I ended up hand sewing on the tail while on the ship.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Well, I havent seen myself in a tail yet. I'm hoping to go swimming for the first time this summer. I am so excited. <3

I am so happy for all of you who felt deep connection when you saw yourselves in tail. It makes me proud that it gives you empowerment and happiness. I have never been in a tail and it makes me excited to be in one. I hope that I will feel as happy like how you all felt.