Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A VERY Important Day

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    Worst. Teacher. Everrrr!

I really loath closed minded people. I think everyone should have the chance to be accepted.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    Me too! My step-dad's family is a bunch of racist rednecks. I can't stand attending any family function, for all I hear is rude, insensitive comment after comment.
    Tenacity.

I'm racist too, -holds up a swat shield for protection- but I'm only racist against uneducated people. And it's not uneducated as in "you don't have a college degree" kind of thing. See, my city used to be really nice. You could walk through my city and never have a worry in the world. But lately it's become overrun by druggies. We have a Last Place on Earth store here and one day the police raided it. (they sell synthetic drugs for those of you who don't have a last place in your town.) ever since the raid, druggies from all over the city have swarmed the downtown area. The city isn't safe anymore. People have dropped out of school and spent all their money on these drugs. I'm sure you know how it goes. I could go on forever, but long story short I'm racist against the black people in my town because they make the entire city dangerous and unpleasant. And I know people hate racists, but when you're taking your 68 year old parents out to dinner and you drive by a group of black kids who are sitting on the corner and basically pretending to have sex with the air, you can't help but feel disgusted by their lack of maturity. I know I shouldn't be going around telling people stuff like that, but I feel comfy here. I should probably also mention that I grew up in a completely racist family, but at least I'm not completely racist.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    With all Races, there are good people, and there are bad people. I think stereotypes just make stereotypes worse. A lot of it is culture, too. Ex. I went to school with a lot of hispanic kids. some were really nice. Then again, a lot of them were stupid immature jerkwads or sassy, uptight, trashy biznatches. The Dudes feel like they need to dominate the women because that is what has been drilled into their cultural memory. Not Happy. Even one of the sweetest mexican guys I know feels the need to be "the Pants" in his marriage, and it's sad that he doesn't realize that it's hurting his wife.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

It's not the race it's the upbringing. That's why it's important to judge (if you have to judge at all) by the individual not the group.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

Yeah. After I posted that I started thinking about how racist might not be the right word for it. Maturist? Lol I don't know. But I have a general distaste for all the icky people.

The fact that we need a day for this sort of thing is sad ): People should be aware that things like
    this happen and that it's completely wrong. They should be aware of this everyday. It's sad sometimes
    to know things like that happen and society is so oblivious to it.

Also about that teacher, how sad is that? Having essentially a potential role model for kids acting like
    a 5 year old and calling out a day that's supposed to RESPECT people. I can't believe there's a TEACHER
    like that influencing kids. Sad to know a lot of teachers aren't such great role models -__-
    Why can't we regulate teachers when it comes to this stuff but we sure as hell can sue them, fire them, and
    lay them off when it comes to things like teaching evolution -__-
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I'm sorry that you didn't have a pleasant experience for your day of silence event. The high school I went to hosted one as well, but no one ever got ridiculed for it or made fun of. Everyone was instead very supportive.
    Maybe it's a cultural problem.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Could be. The school I go to is an adult learning center. People come here to get their GEDs or make up credits that they need to graduate. It's basically a school for dropouts. The people in this area are young and undiciplined. We're basically in the ghetto. When I used to go to a regular school, we never had problems with harassment.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Awe, Dang WW... That's awful. I'm sorry you have to go to school with morons and delinquents, but Good on you for valuing your education enough to put up with that.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.