Thread: You know you are a mer when...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You know you are a mer when...

I know it's a bit cliché but i like list especially the You know you are X when Y kind like for an exemple You know you are a metalhead when...and i didn't seem to find that kind of topic here and well i think it could be fun, of course this type of list are always made for community laugh and tends to be a bit exagerated and i'm going into that spirit. I try to start : 1-You know you are a mer when...you seems to can't stop collect or obsess with anything more or less mer related. 2-You know you are a mer when...some people dreams of buy themselves a big car with more money well your not even wealthy enough to have a car alone let alone a big one but you would try any big car for your first mer tail you wish for everyday. 3-You know you are a mer when...you sometimes forgot they are people who don't car about mer stuff and find them a bit weird. 4-Forget about heaven or hell you wanna go under the sea after death. 5-You want to kill whoever made this pool security rules so restrictive. 6-If you were beautiful and competent swimmer and diver enough for that nothing would stop you from choosing pro mer as first career choice. Not even family wanting that strange thing they cool "some real job" that sounds so dull and unatractive. 7-Enough of all this so mainstream unbearable earth-related music on the radio let's have a bit of sea themed music like Pirate Metal for an exemple. I love that. 8-Even if you know you are a mer when...you start to think about sea music+mer tail and the addition of ideas makes you feel uneasy imagining how you could ever dance on earth with you mer tail...i mean aquatic dance are beautiful but they probably need lot of training i'm a "baby" mermaid still dreaming her first mer tail. 9-You even thinked about such a list to begin with. 10-You jump on every far related occasion to wear a mer costum and you're the only nerd around able to understand why. Your turn!
    Last edited by Mermaid Fina; 02-26-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Oh, this is a cute idea! Here's my list below (specifically applicable to me) (may not apply to others, lol):

You know you are a mer when...

1) You like having long, air-dried hair!
    2) You watch Youtube tutorials on unique/fantasy hairstyles for long hair and then proceed to try those hairstyles
    3) You're vain and look at yourself in the mirror every time you see a mirror
    4) People say you resemble Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey
    5) You're a sushi addict
    6) You're allergic to trout and salmon but can eat any other kind of fish
    7) You hoard seashells and jewelry even though you call yourself a minimalist
    8) You have the urge to swim naked but don't because other people are around
    9) You dream about water or being mermaid
    10) Your zodiac is a water sign (I'm a Scorpio)
    11) You marvel at every little insignificant thing and like to explore
    12) You're attracted to shiny and sparkly things
    13) You're napping while your boyfriend is listening to a song mentioning weed edibles feeling like a mermaid flipping her tail in the brain, and then you stir awake at that moment...perfect timing, and then your boyfriend calls you his "little mermaid" because of the timing and because you actually prefer weed edibles (would rather eat than smoke)

Last edited by Calisai; 02-27-2020 at 01:00 AM.

1... yes
    2... not yet... but hair care products?
    3... gosh my land skin is so dry... and this human form is so wierd
    4... never heard... so do the people i know
    5... true
    6... luckily not... i like those
    7... only a tiny bit
    8... yes!
    9... of course... and one time i even thrusted myself out of my nest
    10.. not quite... twins, my sister is fishes tho
    11.. hrr... jup
    12.. shinies! part gypsy vanner horse, part magpie... soo
    13.. edibles... because lungs are kinda important on land
    just a random Kelpie... "wanna come to my lake?"

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    You know your a mer when...you use every opporTUNAty to make fishy jokes or mermagical adjectives

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    You know your a mer when...you use every opporTUNAty to make fishy jokes or mermagical adjectives

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork
    And you can’t go to sleep at night because you are thinking about the next tail, top, or accessory you are going to make.

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork

thats fin-tastic
    just a random Kelpie... "wanna come to my lake?"

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    When, for 2 months, you spend 20 minutes every day in ever cooler pool water, acclimating yourself to cold water so you can tail-swim in the ocean.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    When, for 2 months, you spend 20 minutes every day in ever cooler pool water, acclimating yourself to cold water so you can tail-swim in the ocean.
    That’s dedication!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    When you can’t decide whether to make a full silicone or a partial silicone with resin scales, so you end up starting making scales that would work for both.
    I’m pretty sure I’m a crazy crafting mermaid
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

You are a mer when you smell something fishy. Lol. A mer has a healthy physique and tremendous endurance.