Thread: Mermaid in the Pacific

Mermaid in the Pacific

Hello Merpeoples! I've been on land raising little merlings and now that I have a bit more free time I'm going to use it to get back in the water. I've grown up an easy drive from the ocean, and my favorite book was the original mermaid fairytale by HCA and like a few people here, the Disney movie came out and that was everything my little daydreams hoped for.

What I like most is hard to put into words. I love the Ocean, I love sea creatures, and love learning about what's in the deep, there's just so much to explore. I love the sound of crashing waves and I love the sound of being underwater. Merpeople are free of the restrictions humans have underwater, and I love the idea that someone could jump in and keep swimming, and see things beyond what we've discovered.

I also love to travel and love to learn about different culture's histories of merpeople are.

I'm new to tails. I have mermaid/ocean décor all over our house, my family goes to mermaid parades/events, my kids like mermaids, but this is a new venture and I'm excited. I have been in some local mergroups for about a year, and I got a Finis Wave last summer and I'm ready to dive in. So far with tails I'm less and less obsessed with silicone, and instead of being meh about fabric I think I'd like to start there and eventually get a neoprene tail. Who am I kidding.. tails. I'd like a black tail, white, navy blue, sky blue, and maybe some jewel tones and pastels. I'd like to have something fun for parades and dry land events, but for the most part it's about the joy of swimming for me and meeting new people.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    hello and welcome
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Thank you inanna!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Welcome to the MerNetwork!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the mernetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Thank you Izzy!

Thank you Slim! Is there a pretty big mer community in FL? We've been thinking about moving in the next 2 years so we can be in the water more.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwwoodsymermaid View Post
    Thank you Slim! Is there a pretty big mer community in FL? We've been thinking about moving in the next 2 years so we can be in the water more.
    The mermaid community is large here in Florida. It’s to the point there a mermaid at Alexander and Ginnie spring every other day. The Florida Spring Mermaid group on Facebook is where everyone tells where they are swimming. There also a yearly Spring Splash week that over 30 mers goes and camp at Ginnie one weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies