Thread: Meetups in Finland?

Junior Member Euro Pod

Meetups in Finland?

Hey
    Since i live in the land of lakes and i am lonely i was wondering if there are any small meetups in Finland and if not would anyone be interested if the finnish mers would sometimes do something along those lines. I currently have only one merfriend and it would be nice to meet more people here in Finland.

If you are reading this, have a beautiful day!
    Last edited by Mermaid_Maria; 03-08-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    Yeah, but I've only seen less than 5 finnish mermaids that aren't kids :/ would be kinda weird for a 25 year old to hang out with them

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Haha good point!

Finnish mer here! Don’t have a tail atm, but saving up for a silicone one I’m an 18yo girl and live in Central Finland.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Hi! Is your silicone tail your first one, my alarm bells went off, but of course i don't know you so I have no clue if you had tails before. I wouldn't recommend silicone as a first tail :'D
    I personally live in Southern Finland with my roommate

Hi, oops! It’s not gonna be my first tail I’m gonna get a monofin first too, so I get a feel for mermaid swimming again, since it’s been some time since I’ve swam in a tail.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    oh great, i just had a flashback xD. Anyways great to see other finnish mers! Me and my roommate are waiting for our mertailor whimsy tails, since currently i only have finfun and older silicone tail that i'm selling

ah, the whimsies are gorgeous! I already know I’m going to end up pulling out my hair waiting for my tail, because I have my mind set on a merbella studios one :’) Best case scenario it’ll be like 3.5 years before I get my tail...

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    I have Swamp Thang whimsy so rare in Finland that I only know 1 person other than me with Fantasea fin, whole tail was around 900 euros including customs and expensive shipping

I’ve heard really good things about the whimsies I’m actually kind of conflicted right now about whether I should actually save up so much money for the merbellas tail or get a whimsy or finfolk mythic tail to save money and time. I love how all the tails look, but there’s just that special something about mermaid raven’s work that I can’t find anywhere else, especially in other silicone tails. I’m not really interested in doing professional mermaid stuff, though, so a silicone tail might be too fancy/too much work tbh :/ What do you guys think? I would really appreciate another mermaid’s input (I’ve asked my boyfriend, but he can’t tell tailmakers apart :’D)

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    Merbella's waiting time is 2-3 years if you somehow manage to get a spot which I'm not sure are even available :/ Whimsy has least maintenance and you can put it on in water (main reason I got it). They look very realistic and move like a realistic tail too. I only swim in a lake and nobody can't carry me Also whimsy keeps you warm so you can swim longer if you use it outside

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    Name:  Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Views: 332
Size:  822.6 KB

Oh my god, youtube videos don’t do the tails justice... I didn’t realize how detailed they are! I’ll seriously consider getting either a whimsy or a mythic, though Thanks for the picture!