Thread: Face Jewelry and Bling— how do I know what to use?

Junior Member Pod of New England

Face Jewelry and Bling— how do I know what to use?

A lot of mermaids I see online love using those sticker-like face jewelry. It’s super pretty and I love it, but how do you get these to stay on underwater while swimming? I’ve never used them before and I’d hate to drop a whole bunch of cash only for none of them to stay while I swim.
    Furthermore, I don't know if I need to use a special mermaid-specific brand that's meant for underwater use, I'd hate for any of these to disintegrate or fall apart underwater either. I’ve seen a few mermaid specifically labeled brands which I can get I suppose, but I’d like to know—are these mermaid brands any different then any other face bling (save their mermaid inspired designs) I can find more easily at party/costume stores or are they made different to withstand mermaiding? Do they come with a stronger adhesive or a sealant? Is there a special trick to getting “normal” ones to stay, or protect them from possibly coming apart?
    Last edited by VickiMeiHui; 03-10-2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added clarification

have you tried mastix? should be water resistand... but i don't know if it's available overseas
    and i need to try it for myself. got an old batch but no jewelery^^
    just a random Kelpie... "wanna come to my lake?"

Junior Member Pod of New England
    I haven't actually tried anything yet, I was just poking around to see if there was already any kind of established method(s), and to collect ideas.

I'm mostly looking into the actual creation of the pieces themselves, not the glue to adhere to them. I don't know if generic brands can handle water, or chlorine or other such things, if I should look for ones with a latex base versus something else if such a thing exists, or even if I could make DIY fabric-paint-and-gems work underwater. I suppose I shall edit my original post for clarity, sorry!

A quick google search tells me Mastix is basically just spirit gum, which I have seen used, and I know I can get in the States. I've also seen/heard Pros-aid used for land stuff, which is actually a medical-grade adhesive, which is water-resistant. Thank you though! Anything to build up my repertoire!

https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...make-you-shine

this is at least som nice accesories... with latex... i'm also interested how well it holds up to prolonged and multible uses in chlorinaded water