Thread: Too small

Unhappy Too small

Hi! I recently went to look for a mermaid tail and found one that I liked on Fin Fun, I was overjoyed until I realized my sizes were all over the chart with my waist being small hips medium and waist to floor being x-large, I decided a custom sized tail would have to suffice but then read the details to see that if you bought the custom sized one you'd get to choose from the mermaidens category. I was wondering if you can get limited edition tails with the custom sized one as I had wanted the Moon Dive tail in the first place. If not is there any possibility I could tighten the waist somehow?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    If you have a sewing machine with a stretch stitch, you can sew new seams, making it smaller. In finding where to place the seams, I have found you want about 20% stretch with spandex. So for a 24 inch measurement, you want the skin to have a 20 inch measurement. With the tail laying flat, there will be 10 inches between the seams.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Or lay the tail on the floor, inside out, the scales facing each other. Lie on the tail and have someone make a tracing of you on the tail. Then zigzag stitch on the lines.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Those are both good ideas, thank you! I'll try