Thread: Stormwrecked LARP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Runa's Avatar

Follow Runa on Tumblr
    Sounds like an amazing concept but how did it go with current events? I hope something like this would be able to continue in future years.

Sorry, for some reason I only just saw this alert.

Stormwrecked was postponed from 2020 due to the pandemic, and all tickets/payment plans suspended for Halloweekend of this year. They are planning to play it but there is a limit of 50 total tickets for the place to keep things under a reasonable population. That said, there are about 8 or 9 tickets left.

Over the pandemic they have had occasional discord and zoom get togethers where players are able to get into character and gain some benefits and starting advantages for their crews, including an introduction (cursed treasure for the Cursed Pirates crew), halloween (sea ghosts), holiday (Krampus stealing shipwrecked children), and St Patrick's day (kelpies and will o the wisps) events. They will do at least one more of those, and things are going ahead for the in person event (the staff member playing Calypso has had both shots, the hotel is good to go, and growing numbers of the players are getting vaccinated).

This is a one time event, so it won't be continued in future years, but if you'd like to go and are going to be vaccinated by halloween (which is hopefully everyone) feel free to sign up before the tickets run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Runa View Post
    Sounds like an amazing concept but how did it go with current events? I hope something like this would be able to continue in future years.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using MerNetwork mobile app