Thread: Florida Mermaid-in-the-Making

Junior Member Pod of The South

Smile Florida Mermaid-in-the-Making

Hi merfolk!

I'm Kat. I'm a university student studying space, but the ocean has always felt like home to me. I grew up at the beach everyday, often playing mermaids with my friends.

I love the idea of mermaiding as an adult because I can indulge my passion for the ocean, express myself through costume design, and move artistically I guess. I'm hoping to make some friends while I'm at it and build my sewing/craft skills, too.

I have the aesthetic of my tail figured out but not the actual methods of creating it
    Katarina, a mermaid with legs
    "The sea, once she casts her spell on you, holds you in her net of wonder forever..."
    Jaques Cousteau

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by de la mer opale View Post
    Hi merfolk!

I'm Kat. I'm a university student studying space, but the ocean has always felt like home to me. I grew up at the beach everyday, often playing mermaids with my friends.

I love the idea of mermaiding as an adult because I can indulge my passion for the ocean, express myself through costume design, and move artistically I guess. I'm hoping to make some friends while I'm at it and build my sewing/craft skills, too.

I have the aesthetic of my tail figured out but not the actual methods of creating it
    Welcome to Mernetwork from a semi-Floridian! I was in the Florida panhandle in places like Tallahassee and Pensacola for two years for my mission in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Someone who I helped join the Church at NAS Pensacola was from New Smyrna, where he got baptized by his soon-to-be father in law.

I loved Florida, and the beaches were beautiful. Sadly, we had safety rules, and weren't allowed to go swimming. :'(

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Junior Member Pod of The South
    Thank you, Current and Asteria!
    Katarina, a mermaid with legs
    "The sea, once she casts her spell on you, holds you in her net of wonder forever..."
    Jaques Cousteau

Aren't costumes the best? I've always loved dress up. I love your phrase "move artistically." I think that's a great way to describe mer-swimming.