Thread: Princess of the sea

Princess of the sea

I always been interested in mermaids that I created a fictional story that I worked over the years. Recently I created video adaptation of my story with images that I found on the internet.
    The story: Two beings from different worlds whose friendship for one another must gather their courage and fight together to stop a danger from her past before time runs out and all ocean life disappears forever.
    You can look it up on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX45BU1Ws7g.
    Last edited by jxb911; 04-04-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Were all the artwork free or did you get the artist's permission to use them?
    Formerly known as ireneho

They were free

Junior Member Euro Pod Tiefenrausch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jxb911 View Post
    They were free
    Oh they were? This is interesting. Because I'm pretty sure that some artists whose pictures were used would probably say otherwise. (Tom Wood comes to mind, you used one picture from him at 6:30 and since he is selling prints of this artwork I would say that with 99% percent certainty this picture is not public domain...)
    I haven't checked every picture, but I'm sure many of them are not licensed for using without credit or even without asking.
    Just so you know, because maybe you don't and I don't want to think the worst of people:
    You can't just take pictures from google or other search engines and use them. Google has a search filter for pictures with free use licenses. Besides, it is just bad form of using the hard work of people and just spread them on the net with your name on it without asking them for permission first or even crediting them in the description.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Photo at 1:38 belongs to Weeki Wachee Mermaids, some screenshots from Mako Mermaids, a few other stills I recognize but can't remember the name of the movies/tv series. I'm pretty sure none of them are free artwork.
    Formerly known as ireneho