Thread: Princess of the sea

Princess of the sea

I always been interested in mermaids that I created a fictional story that I worked over the years. Recently I created video adaptation of my story with images that I found on the internet.
    The story: Two beings from different worlds whose friendship for one another must gather their courage and fight together to stop a danger from her past before time runs out and all ocean life disappears forever.
    Last edited by jxb911; 02-21-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Were all the artwork free or did you get the artist's permission to use them?
    Formerly known as ireneho

They were free

Junior Member Euro Pod Tiefenrausch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jxb911 View Post
    They were free
    Oh they were? This is interesting. Because I'm pretty sure that some artists whose pictures were used would probably say otherwise. (Tom Wood comes to mind, you used one picture from him at 6:30 and since he is selling prints of this artwork I would say that with 99% percent certainty this picture is not public domain...)
    I haven't checked every picture, but I'm sure many of them are not licensed for using without credit or even without asking.
    Just so you know, because maybe you don't and I don't want to think the worst of people:
    You can't just take pictures from google or other search engines and use them. Google has a search filter for pictures with free use licenses. Besides, it is just bad form of using the hard work of people and just spread them on the net with your name on it without asking them for permission first or even crediting them in the description.

Photo at 1:38 belongs to Weeki Wachee Mermaids, some screenshots from Mako Mermaids, a few other stills I recognize but can't remember the name of the movies/tv series. I'm pretty sure none of them are free artwork.

Synopsis: PART 1 The people of Oceana gather to celebrate King Randal and Queen Arial's daughter's 4thbirthday. No one is aware of the threat that was coming their way. Hera mourns and remembers the loss of her husband. Not having a child of her own, Hera wonders if she will find love once more and be remembered. Finding Pandora's Crystal, inside a cave, Hera receives powers beyond imagination with a sense of immortality. Over time, she becomes heartless with jealousy, hatred, and anger. Hera is hunted by nightmares upon which a mermaid comes to destroy the crystal along with her. Hera eventually realizes that the mermaid in her dreams is a future image of King Randal and Queen Arial's daughter Marina. When she demands that they hand over their daughter to her. Queen Arial flees with her daughter in hopes of saving her from certain doom. Hera loses patience and cast a petrifaction spell on the kingdom, turning everyone to stone. At the surface, Alan and his parents are wondering about the strange light below the waves. Queen Arial shows up abruptly on their boat, pleading with them to take her daughter with them so she can have a chance to live, to which they agree. Queen Arial only has time to tell them her daughter's name before returning below the waves. When Hera can't find the young princess's body, she goes into a fit of rage.

PART2
    Arriving in their undersea home in the Bahamas, Marina is distraught for being taken away from the only family that she knew. Seeing Alan and his mother able to breathe underwater like herself, she accepts their trust. Alan wonders about his ability to breathe underwater. Finding a secret room with alien artifacts inside it, Alan's mother decides to reveal her extraterrestrial origins and abilities. As their friendship grows over the years, they develop affection for one another.

PART3
    After15 years of trying to find Marina, Hera's mental state turns for the worse. She creates a dark curse spreading by the currents like a cancer, killing all sea life. Finding out, via the news network, that it reached the southernmost part of the Caribbean and its point of origin, they decide to go back to Marina's home to stop the threat. When they arrive, they only see a desolated kingdom devoid of sealife. Finding Hera in the grand ballroom, they battled out till Alan can get Hera to lose grip of Pandora's Crystal with his harpoon gun. Upon which, Marina takes the crystal and destroys it. Marina is fatally injured by the sudden energy surge released by Hera's body, and all of Hera's powers are dispelled. Marina gives thanks to Alan for what he did for her and bringing her home with her last breath. Realizing her passing away, Alan mourns, feeling regret for not being able to protect her. King Randal and Queen Arial morn over their little angelfish for which they never had a chance to see her grow up. King Randal carries his daughter's body to her final resting place the next day, with the populace forming a guard of honor. Waking up to what felt like a dream, Marina noticed she became human. Being pure of heart, Marina showed courage and sacrifice upon which she received everlasting life.

PART4
    As Alan tries to accept the loss of the one that he loved decides to repair all the damage that Hera created. He goes back to Oceana to help out with the repairs. As well Alan's mother comes along, wanting to talk with Marina's parents, knowing that they would like to know about their daughter's life. After this, Alan creates the MORA Foundation to help restore and preserve the ocean's coral reefs. When his life comes to an end, his soul crosses over to the other side. He's totally overwhelmed when he sees Marina, in human form, waiting for him. She explains to him that through love, friendship, courage ,and sacrifice, she received the gift of a human soul. Marina takes Alan to the ocean nearby and swims together among the coral reefs spending eternity together.

Its sounds too much like Ocean Girl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Its sounds too much like Ocean Girl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Girl
    Never heard or seen this tv series. My idea came from different tv series like Marine Boy or Siren. As well as different movies like Heavy Metal 2000 and Aquaman.