Thread: Monofin or full silicone.

Monofin or full silicone.

So basicly do i get a sillecone mermation or mertailor.

Pro's and cons for swimming with a monofin inside Or the mertailor sillecone monofin.

In looking for something that swims like my Marina without the painfully feet/blisters i get from it.(so want to be able to make short turns) i wear stocks in Them but u have high arches do that are berry right.

It Will be my first silecone tail (been swimming in fabric and neopreen tails so far)

Wat are your experienses?
    Last edited by Mermaid Yumi; 04-05-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Are you bare footed inside the Mahina or do you wear scuba neoprene socks? I found that neoprene socks helped reduce rubbing and blistering for the finis rapid.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Everyone I know who has a Mahina uses socks, because the Mahina will give you blisters if you don't wear socks. I learned that the hard way when I used a Mahina without socks. If you're looking for a fabric tail that fits the Mahina, the Finfolk fabric tails and Aquariuz/Swimtails are your best bet.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Ajusted my post .

But its not about my Marina. Its about getting a silecone mermation or mertailor.

And something that swims like the flow my Marina Fin gives me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Water Phoenix View Post
    Everyone I know who has a Mahina uses socks, because the Mahina will give you blisters if you don't wear socks. I learned that the hard way when I used a Mahina without socks. If you're looking for a fabric tail that fits the Mahina, the Finfolk fabric tails and Aquariuz/Swimtails are your best bet.
    In looking for a sillecone tail. From mernation OR mertailor.

So im looking for pll that have experienses with Both styles of tail.

In looking for a silecone tail that stille had some power een you kick and is flowy and van make short/Sharp turns in a undeep pool.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Yumi View Post
    In looking for a sillecone tail. From mernation OR mertailor.

So im looking for pll that have experienses with Both styles of tail.

In looking for a silecone tail that stille had some power een you kick and is flowy and van make short/Sharp turns in a undeep pool.
    Mernation uses the FINIS Rapid/wave monofins as a standard in their silicone tails, and let you upgrade to a Shooter/Trainer. I'm not sure if they use the Mahina in their silicone tails, but you could ask them to put it in your tail if do decide to buy from them. I know they're all for creativity and pleasing their clients.

As for Mertailor's silicone tails, he doesn't actually use monofins in his tails, they're more like solid flukes with foot pockets, but again like I said with Mernation, if you want to use the Mahina, you could just ask to have one put into your tail. A 3rd option is to buy a silicone tail sling from Mertailor, but I heard that it's really difficult to get a monofin in, but you could use it in conjunction with the Mahina.
    https://www.themertailor.com/silver-...tail-skin.html

That being said, apparently I've heard that the Mertailor Spellbound silicone tail has a similar amount of push to the Mahina, but that's dependant on what fluke you choose.
    Last edited by The Water Phoenix; 04-05-2020 at 11:34 PM.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer