Thread: (s)hello!

(s)hello!

Hi, I'm a new member here! I'm 17, from Finland and currently saving up for a silicone tail :) It'll be my second tail, but as I'm quite strong of a swimmer and had no issues with my first fabric tail, I think I'll manage... even though I'm aware it's a heck ton of work :D I learned to swim when I was 4 years old and ever since then I've loved being in the water. When I heard of mermaiding around 2011, it's been my dream to pursue it as a hobby. I love how magical swimming and being underwater feels like, especially in a mermaid tail. It just fills me with joy and makes me feel comfortable in my own skin, which I struggle a lot with here on land. I'm very much looking forward to buying my dream tail and meeting likeminded merfolk!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Welcome! Nice to have you here!
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

That's exciting! I hope you get your dream tail! I'm currently making a silicone/fabric tail but putting silicone (caulk) over a neoprene tail I made. That was my compromise instead of paying for full silicone. It will be a lot lighter weight and shouldn't tear. Have you ever considered making one? I agree--there really is something magical about swimming, especially as a mermaid.

I’ve considered making a fabric tail, but since I live in a single bedroom apartment with my boyfriend and am not really much of an artist, a self-made silicone tail seems a bit impossible I’m so excited, but oh boy will it take a while to get my tail... the saving up itself will take a few years and since I’m aiming for a merbella, I’m gonna have to wait some more years after that too. But I think it’ll be worth it - I love Raven’s work and it’d be such an honor to swim in her creation! I might buy a freediving monofin in the meantime, so I don’t get rusty

Hehe I totally understand that! I hope you get the tail of your dreams and that it's everything you hoped for!

Thanks so much!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Aika's Avatar
    Welcome to MerNetwork!