Thread: Places to swim?

Places to swim?

Hi everyone I’m looking at potential swimming holes in the Texas area (I’m in SA for reference) with clear swimming water for underwater video and photos! ♥️

Member Pod of Cali mermanxxorion's Avatar
    I figure nowhere now with lockdown

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mermanxxorion View Post
    I figure nowhere now with lockdown

Lol obviously 😂 I’m not planning on going swimming now I was just asking for places that offer clear enough water to take videos and pictures 🙂

Member Pod of Cali mermanxxorion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarwitch View Post
    Lol obviously I’m not planning on going swimming now I was just asking for places that offer clear enough water to take videos and pictures
    I couldn’t resist lol but best of luck

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    San Marcos river. I went a few years back for the mermaid festival and the water was plenty clear enough for photos. I like it much better than pool photos because you get that naturalistic background.

I'm not from Texas, but I can't resist helping because I love looking up pretty swimming spots!
    I would highly recommend checking out any springs in Texas because spring water is usually crystal clear.

Here is a list of Texas Springs:
    https://www.texasoutside.com/texas-springs/index.html

Then a 2019 list of the "15 Best Swimming Holes in Texas" (you have to click the next button to see them all)
    https://www.thecrazytourist.com/15-b...g-holes-texas/

Once you have a swimming spot name you can Google image search it, use TripAdvisor to read ratings, and use Google Reviews. That will help you figure out the water quality and clarity. Of course searching YouTube can be even better because I've searched some swimming spots I was on the fence about going to, but once you see them in a YouTube video and get to see all the underwater features, you can really get a good judge of if it is worth your visit or not. Most springs are at least an hour 1/2 drive from me so I have to be sure before hand that it isn't too busy, the water is clear, and the place is open. Keep in mind that some swimming spots, while clear, can sometimes get muddy after a big rain.

You may even want to look up a phone number for Texas State Parks and see if they can give you info on which park they recommend for swimming in the best clear water.

I thought I heard on the news today that Texas is opening up their State Parks on Monday? If so, you should be able to go visit one soon for a swim!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus