Thread: I got scammed maybe

I got scammed maybe

Hay I got contact! Turns out I'm just a worry wart and I should learn to be patient lol. Sorry

zen beach vibes
    Last edited by jaybay; 04-22-2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

Depends on where you have ordered from. A Chinese shop may take some time to send it and with a cheap transportation service it can also go additionally over one month.

If the shop itself is gone it is a bad sign because that can mean three things:

1) they went bankrupt which is possible in the last weeks due to the forced closing of shops but that always excluded online shops.

2) The shop was a scam - then ask the payment processing company for a refund. PayPal has some buyers protection and some credit card companies offer that as well.

3) The hosting company blocked or removed the shop because the shop operator did not pay the fees.

I bought from a private seller off lernetworl though, no store. That's the sketch part

zen beach vibes

How long ago was it? Have they given you any contact? Generally when it comes to disputing charges you need to be within a certain window of time to do so, so if you have received 0 contact, it's better to do it now rather than later.

It was almost a month ago, and I've had 0 contact. They payment was through venmo so I have to file a dispute with my bank which I'm doing now.

zen beach vibes

Update: I've gotten contact so I might ask that we redo the payment through paypal instead... is that too much for me to ask?

zen beach vibes

Depends on how much you want the product that you paid for, really. I don't know much about Venmo or how it compares to Paypal's buyer protections (the only refund I can recall needing thru Paypal was fortunately eventually initiated by the seller). But if you feel safer doing it that way, then you could certainly ask...I wouldn't be willing to send it through Paypal until I got the money back from Venmo, though.

Oh of course. I honestly dont even have money to pay until I get money from venmo anyways so theres that. It wasn't a whole lot but I lost my job recently so now it's kinda a big deal.

zen beach vibes