Thread: Hooded wetsuits?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
    I was meaning a lycra cover, that you put on over top of a regular hooded wetsuit, no sewing neoprene at all

Sent from my CPH1875 using MerNetwork mobile app
    Nope! Won't work even if its got an elasticated waist. It'll just slide off.

I know this because I once wore a tail over my wetsuit and the whole time, I was holding the tail up with one hand!

Its better to mod the wetsuit and sew it with zigzag stitch to attach your additions.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Nope! Won't work even if its got an elasticated waist. It'll just slide off.

I know this because I once wore a tail over my wetsuit and the whole time, I was holding the tail up with one hand!

Its better to mod the wetsuit and sew it with zigzag stitch to attach your additions.
    If you say so, I have no experience with wetsuits. If that's the case, how was your friend planning on swimming in a wetsuit & tail though?

I was thinking something like a long sleeve, hooded leotard or one piece swimsuit, that can be put on over top of the wetsuit made out of fabric that matches the tail, could that work?