Thread: Neoprene Tail Makers?

Neoprene Tail Makers?

Is there anyone left that makes and paints neoprene tails? It is really important to me that my next tail be neoprene because I want the rough, non-scaled texture for my shark tail. But I have scoured the ends of the internet and come up with nothing. I'd be willing to do a thicker scuba knit fabric but I really need it to be a custom print or paint. Any ideas where to go or who to contact?
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Mermaid Aqua will do custom neoprene! https://youtu.be/ThjEMd6n3Xo

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Mertailor has the option of commissioning a custom Whimsy tail. I know they're made of scuba knit fabric. Finfolk also makes scuba knit tails and I have 2 of them, but I don't think they offer custom designs just yet. The third option would be Aquarius Mermaid Tails (used to be Swimtails) and they also sell scuba knit tails. One of my merfriends has multiple tails from them. If you're wanting a shark inspired tail, Aquarius sells an awesome great white shark inspired tail that looks very realistic.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Quote Originally Posted by The Water Phoenix View Post
    Mertailor has the option of commissioning a custom Whimsy tail. I know they're made of scuba knit fabric. Finfolk also makes scuba knit tails and I have 2 of them, but I don't think they offer custom designs just yet. The third option would be Aquarius Mermaid Tails (used to be Swimtails) and they also sell scuba knit tails. One of my merfriends has multiple tails from them. If you're wanting a shark inspired tail, Aquarius sells an awesome great white shark inspired tail that looks very realistic.
    I was looking at the Mertailor custom Whimsys. One of the artists I spoke with said they couldn't to the double dorsal my shark has and I wasn't sure if that was a restriction on the artist or int he tail's capabilities. Finfolk seems to be completely sold out of all their fabric tails :/ I hadn't found that third one though, I'll look into it!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    I was looking at the Mertailor custom Whimsys. One of the artists I spoke with said they couldn't to the double dorsal my shark has and I wasn't sure if that was a restriction on the artist or int he tail's capabilities. Finfolk seems to be completely sold out of all their fabric tails :/ I hadn't found that third one though, I'll look into it!
    Neoprene and Scuba Knit are NOT the same!! Which one are you really wanting? I have a few of the scuba knit tails from Mertailor but it isn't the texture you're wanting like you describe in your post. It is a very soft, comfortable material.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Neoprene and Scuba Knit are NOT the same!! Which one are you really wanting? I have a few of the scuba knit tails from Mertailor but it isn't the texture you're wanting like you describe in your post. It is a very soft, comfortable material.
    Yes, I know they aren't the same. I really want neoprene but I've had such a hard time finding anyone that makes them that if I have to settle for SK I will.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    https://aquariusmermaid.com/collecti...k-mermaid-tail Heres the link to Aquarius's kick ass shark tail if you're interested in taking a look! They also sell stingray inspired tails too.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali

Visit johnleeex's Youtube Channel
    Otterbay Wetsuits in Monterey California makes beautiful custom neoprene tails and even full (mermaid) suits, see
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiFYmxmk10

for a video of their work. Their contact info is in the comments

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali

Visit johnleeex's Youtube Channel
    Otterbay wetsuits makes beautiful neoprene tails and mermaid suits

Your tunnel rush article is a well-written and well-researched contribution to the field.