Thread: Are we dying trend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think I can confirm about this seeming to be a dying trend simply because people are not on this site specifically with the availability of other social media systems. I only recently signed up here because it was an entire forum based on the one topic that I can talk about with anonymity. I won't even try on Facebook or Twitter because today, those are hot zones for spreading hatred and clueless political opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    I think I can confirm about this seeming to be a dying trend simply because people are not on this site specifically with the availability of other social media systems. I only recently signed up here because it was an entire forum based on the one topic that I can talk about with anonymity. I won't even try on Facebook or Twitter because today, those are hot zones for spreading hatred and clueless political opinions.
    Did you actually read through any posts on the thread? No one else is saying it is a dying trend, in fact there have been many arguments against it.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Did you actually read through any posts on the thread? No one else is saying it is a dying trend, in fact there have been many arguments against it.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I am going to deflect that question back to you and ask if you actually read my post that you replied to. I NEVER said that it was a dying trend. I was simply agreeing to other posts on this thread (that I did in fact read) that it could seem that way due to inactivity on this one site due to the existence of other social media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I am going to deflect that question back to you and ask if you actually read my post that you replied to. I NEVER said that it was a dying trend. I was simply agreeing to other posts on this thread (that I did in fact read) that it could seem that way due to inactivity on this one site due to the existence of other social media outlets.
    Apologies, the way it was worded I thought you were saying you agreed that it was a dying trend (as in agreeing with the OP).
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Apologies, the way it was worded I thought you were saying you agreed that it was a dying trend (as in agreeing with the OP).
    Copy that. Though I've only been on this site for a couple of days, I have had this tingling in my mind about mermaids for a long time. Several times over the years, I've done Google image searches for "mermaid tail" and would see more and more results every time. I feel that if I started years before I did, I might have spent extra money for a lower quality tail. It was only a few years ago that I noticed better pictures starting to appear which is why I decided to make this dive. I could see that more people were gaining interest in this hobby because more "how to" articles were appearing.

My only difficulty about the whole thing so far is finding a community to chat with about it. I'm sure more people are talking about it on Facebook than here, but I come here because I keep this part of my life a secret. My friends and family would definitely think I had a mental disorder if they ever found out. Plus Facebook is overloaded with so much hatred and political arguments for me to even try to find mermaid friends there.