Thread: Hello everyone!

Junior Member Euro Pod

Hello everyone!

Hello!

My real name is Laura, feel free to call me that! I'm 18 years old and pronouns are she/her.

My hobbies are drawing and gaming
    I draw sooo many mermaids, both traditional and digital.
    For the games I play, I play a lot of Overwatch and Animal Crossing xD

I live in The Netherlands and I am searching the whole internet trying to find dutch mermaid groups.

I've wanted a tail since I was 12, back then of course I had to ask my parents, and they hated it so that never happend.
    Now I'm 18 and I recently told my parents that I still wanted to do this and now both my parents are really cool with it!
    So yeah, I've been waiting so long to start mermaiding and back when I was 16 I secretly bought a monofin. It's not a very expensive one but at least I am able to 'try it out' before I spend 200 euros on a tail. I am completely certain that I will like mermaiding but my boyfriend and parents want me to try it out first with the current monofin I have, so I will!
    After that I'm planning on buying a Mertailor guppy tail because I think the Linden Monofin will be perfect for me.

So yeah, that's a bit of backstory and future planning for my mermaiding journey.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Sent from my SM-G925F using MerNetwork mobile app

Hello and welcome! My first advice is always to join your pod group here on MN and make a small intro in that forum as well and look at the other threads to see if anyone else is close to you.

But your family is totally right! Play with your monofin first and make sure that you can be safe and are a strong swimmer before you spend time and money on a tail. Safety is most important so you need to make sure you are good swimming with the fin before you constrict yourself even further. Luckily - It's summer! So now is the perfect time to go out and try it.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Hello and welcome! My first advice is always to join your pod group here on MN and make a small intro in that forum as well and look at the other threads to see if anyone else is close to you.

But your family is totally right! Play with your monofin first and make sure that you can be safe and are a strong swimmer before you spend time and money on a tail. Safety is most important so you need to make sure you are good swimming with the fin before you constrict yourself even further. Luckily - It's summer! So now is the perfect time to go out and try it.
    Sent from my SM-G925F using MerNetwork mobile app