Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107
Results 2,121 to 2,126 of 2126

Thread: That Awkward Moment When: Mermaid Edtion!

That awkward moment when: you go mermaiding in a river that your human friends are going tubing down and the river is moving them quickly away and you are in the shallows struggling to quickly get your tail on and your monofin foot pocket curls under a bit and you are struggling to get it situated and no one sees what you are doing and you hear one person ask, "Hey, do we need to wait for her? Is she just chillin' there or what?" and my boyfriend goes, "Nah she is okay she will catch up." Which he says as their raft of tubes is going around a bend soon to be out of sight. Then you finally get your tail on and speed off down the river to catch up to your friends. You reach your tube and while huffing and puffing from the swim, haul yourself up onto the raft. Then you realize you pulled your tail up too hastily and it is on a bit sideways so you start pulling on the fabric and you feel awkward because you are disturbing the peace and tranquility with all this noise of pulling on wet fabric. Minutes later, one girl with your group who is floating right next to you looks over and is like, "Oh wow, she's a mermaid!"

That other awkward moment when everyone decides to stop at a sand bar, and you decide to stay in your tail so you swim up to the bank and sit there in the shallows minding your own business while the others are talking about chugging some alcohol and for some reason they form a circle around you and you just look up at everyone standing over you chugging. O-K. haha

I had a ton of fun
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes The Magic Crafter's Avatar
    Follow The Magic Crafter On Twitter Add The Magic Crafter on Facebook Add The Magic Crafter on Google+
    Visit The Magic Crafter's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    That awkward moment when: you go mermaiding in a river that your human friends are going tubing down and the river is moving them quickly away and you are in the shallows struggling to quickly get your tail on and your monofin foot pocket curls under a bit and you are struggling to get it situated and no one sees what you are doing and you hear one person ask, "Hey, do we need to wait for her? Is she just chillin' there or what?" and my boyfriend goes, "Nah she is okay she will catch up." Which he says as their raft of tubes is going around a bend soon to be out of sight. Then you finally get your tail on and speed off down the river to catch up to your friends. You reach your tube and while huffing and puffing from the swim, haul yourself up onto the raft. Then you realize you pulled your tail up too hastily and it is on a bit sideways so you start pulling on the fabric and you feel awkward because you are disturbing the peace and tranquility with all this noise of pulling on wet fabric. Minutes later, one girl with your group who is floating right next to you looks over and is like, "Oh wow, she's a mermaid!"

That other awkward moment when everyone decides to stop at a sand bar, and you decide to stay in your tail so you swim up to the bank and sit there in the shallows minding your own business while the others are talking about chugging some alcohol and for some reason they form a circle around you and you just look up at everyone standing over you chugging. O-K. haha

I had a ton of fun
    Oh man! That sounded like it could have been fun! I've always wanted to take my tail down the river, but ours are so shallow (and I'm so blind) that I'd certainly be in for some trouble! Hahahaha!

My awkward mer-moment goes like this... you're in a hotel room, you have a queen-sized bed, and you're as single as a single-celled organism... and your tail needs a place to sleep. So, you wrap yourself up in a restraining cocoon of blankets and panic all night about if you'll accidentally kick your cute little bed-buddy out of bed or not!
    New YouTube Videos Every Week!!
    I can be found at www.TheMagicCrafter.com

This is my tail!
    ~*~ Please call me "Phantom!" ~*~

When little kids keep asking to touch your tail.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidsophia14 View Post
    When little kids keep asking to touch your tail.
    I feel like this is extra awkward when you’re a fabric tail mer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ankhali View Post
    I feel like this is extra awkward when you’re a fabric tail mer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope! Explain to them ankle biters that in mermaid culture, there are many types of mermaids. Some have real skin (don't say its silicone, it will spoil their effect), some have slippery skin (fabric) and others have rubbery skin (neoprene).
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 01-12-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Junior Member Pod of Cali Seairah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Nope! Explain to them ankle biters that in mermaid culture, there are many types of mermaids. Some have real skin (don't say its silicone, it will spoil their effect), some have slippery skin (fabric) and others have rubbery skin (neoprene).
    Brilliant!

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    ​Seairah