Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2154

Thread: That Awkward Moment When: Mermaid Edtion!

Please don't let your kid into a mermaid tail until she can prove her swimming ability this is why we have had pool accidents and most pools have banned them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real and your standing right beside them...

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    TAMW you hear a bunch of guys outside of your dorm room door. And one of them says "The girl who lives here has mermaid suit!"

"What does she do with it?"

"Dunno man, swims with it, I guess."

"Oh wait. Is this the one that does the tarot readings for 5 dollars (referring to the sign on my door)? I wanna do that. I'ma come back later!"

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

When your at the beach and your trying to put on your tail in the path of a huge wave and you just drown. Haaaa. Yeah.

Or when your trying to put on your tail and a person walks by when you have your hand in your tail trying to pull the monofin straps over your heels . Very , very akward.

^ Or when at the beach you are feeling like a majestic mermaid swimming through the waves and then a wave comes up and you accidentally swallow salt water and then you can't stop spitting trying to get the taste out of your mouth.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook
    When you get hit in the face with another mers fluke....

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Livou's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Livou on Facebook Add Mermaid Livou on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Livou's Youtube Channel
    So, as a trial, I did a "marketing target group research", I "tested" a few relatives kids (girls and boys, age between 4-7), asking about what they think about mermaids, and showing videos on youtube about 'real mermaids', and so sad but they all so skeptic after I had my tail ready I made appearance for a few of them in pool, but still nothing I guess im not enough suggestive or what -.- and since they remember me, not like Livou the mermiad, but "Livou, who believes in mermaids" XDDD Feels like im the kid and they are indulgent adults - awkward :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pearl Bae View Post
    That awkward moment when someone calls you from downstairs, and you have that "can't get up oh snap I'm stuck" feeling before you realize your still wearing your tail.
    I like that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Calypso View Post
    that awkward and slightly unnervng moment when your cat sees you in your mermaid tail and licks her lips
    Lols

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    These are all so funny!!

That awkward moment when a child notices your swim suit tag sticking out the back of your tail and says "aw your not real. I see your tag."
    That awkward moment when you leave an event and some children see you with legs and get really mad at you for lying to them.
    (I now never lie to kids.)
    This makes me sad these kind of things have happened to me before I feel as though I killed the magic.

TAMW you are practically hallucinating because there was a mermaid on TV , and then your family is staring at you thinking your dying and I'm over here just trying to get the "There was a MERMAID GUYS. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND" words out of my mouth lol. I eventually stopped and the staring continued but even after I turned around I could see my nana and Papa look at each other with a 'what is wrong with her' look. Oh I had to explain myself real well then.

And more awkwardly the only place I can swim is in my bathtub , and my sister walked in with me just blank eyed. I just drifted back under the water lmao ~

That awkward moment when your bunny tries to take a bite out of your monofin because she had a thing for silicon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharina View Post
    And more awkwardly the only place I can swim is in my bathtub , and my sister walked in with me just blank eyed. I just drifted back under the water lmao ~
    Splash moment!
    The difference between a dream and a goal is a deadline. ~Steve Smith
    Start strong, stay strong and finish strong by always remembering why you're doing it in the first place. ~Ralph Marston
    user formerly known as Critter

Losing weight and THEN getting a tail. 41 pounds down, 100 to go! July 16 and still going strong! Inspired to educate and then work as a fitness and nutrition coach.

Member Rocky Mountain Pod BubbleNeon's Avatar
    TAMW
    Someone peeps at your phone screen, and you have to explain why all the pictures on your instagram feed are of mermaids.

(At least it was mermay, so I could explain the art. The tails and mers themselves were harder to explain.)

Junior Member Euro Pod
    TAMW
    you are hovering the door opener since early morning. Nothing happens for hours. You start doing your make up, one eye is already done, bold black eyeliner and all.
    Then they finally bring your tail, the bell rings and you have to open the door basically looking like Two-Face

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Not so much of an awkward moment, but that moment when you are at your first gig at a rented out public pool and a boy says, "Isn't that a little bulky for a public pool?"

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

The awkward moment when A JELLYFISH ATTACKS. I ended up flopping about awkwardly. It didn't hurt that bad, actually. I was just taken by surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There has got to be more to life than just being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking."
    -Derek Zoolander

That awkward moment when your friend is interested in becoming a mermaid, but you didn't know she has REALLY been doing her research so you start trying to tell her what monofin would probably work best for her foot size and she finishes your sentence by saying the exact monofin name you were going to suggest and then she starts describing a mermaid video she watched and you finish the sentence for her by saying the name of the mermaid.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

That Awkward Moment When: Mermaid Edtion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    That awkward moment when your friend is interested in becoming a mermaid, but you didn't know she has REALLY been doing her research so you start trying to tell her what monofin would probably work best for her foot size and she finishes your sentence by saying the exact monofin name you were going to suggest and then she starts describing a mermaid video she watched and you finish the sentence for her by saying the name of the mermaid.
    Wow! I am kinda glad I don't have to do that with my friends.

That awkward moment when you are camping and going on a hike with a park ranger when your (12 year old, male) cousin deems it appropriate to say, "Hey Iz, I could just imagine you flopping down this hill in your tail and rolling into the lake!"

And the park ranger replies with, "Tail?"

Your cousin just casually says, "Yep. She's a mermaid."

And then you have to explain yourself to the ex-military female park ranger who continues with, "That sounds interesting...could you imagine if you just started swimming around the lake in it and came up to people?"

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    Wow! I am kinda glad I don't have to do that with my friends.

That awkward moment when you are camping and going on a hike with a park ranger when your (12 year old, male) cousin deems it appropriate to say, "Hey Iz, I could just imagine you flopping down this hill in your tail and rolling into the lake!"

And the park ranger replies with, "Tail?"

Your cousin just casually says, "Yep. She's a mermaid."

And then you have to explain yourself to the ex-military female park ranger who continues with, "That sounds interesting...could you imagine if you just started swimming around the lake in it and came up to people?"

That's when you say "That's the plan!" and throw her a big wink.