Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: That Awkward Moment When: Mermaid Edtion!

^Yeah, I've done that. Weird to explain. XD

That awkward moment when your 6'8" uber-macho-muscle-man friend says he wants to be a mermaid, and you feel bad because you just stare at him for a full minute with images of him in a pink tail dancing through your head.
    (On a side note, I think he would make an awesome merman. He could wrestle sharks when they try to eat me! >)

that awkward moment when your friend tries to swim over you to see how you look from the top and ends up pulling off your top....and not realising it , you surface anyway :\

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    the awkward moment when you address yourself as a mermaid and one of your friends points out "But your a boy"
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaegan View Post
    ^Yeah, I've done that. Weird to explain. XD

That awkward moment when your 6'8" uber-macho-muscle-man friend says he wants to be a mermaid, and you feel bad because you just stare at him for a full minute with images of him in a pink tail dancing through your head.
    (On a side note, I think he would make an awesome merman. He could wrestle sharks when they try to eat me! >)
    LMAO OMG LOL
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    That awkward moment when the curator of the local aquatic center thinks you're a pedophile. >.<
    I thought I was the only one who ran into this problem. For me.. the awkward moment when the parents at your apartment's pool think you're a pedophile. O_o

Also.. that awkward moment when you tell someone you're a mermaid and they give you the, "SURE you are honey.." like you're absolutely NUTS. >_< Trying to explain at that point just makes it so much more awkward.

The awkward moment when you realize none of your neighbors know your name. They instead refer to you as "Ariel" or "Mermaid".

When someone discovers that you've got more than thirty short stories under your belt as a writer and you just know that as soon as they learn you tend to write a lot of them about mermaids of one kind or another, they'll think you're some kind of lunatic.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sitre Seer Moroaica's Avatar
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica On Twitter Add Sitre Seer Moroaica on Facebook
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica on Tumblr Visit Sitre Seer Moroaica's Youtube Channel
    That awkward moment when you first get in the water and your fin is making bubbles >.<

When you're making bubbles and its not your fin.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    That awkward moment when your trying to pose for a picture, and the little girl pulls your top down while trying to stand up.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

that awkward moment when someone asks how do mermaids make babies 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by embry View Post
    that awkward moment when someone asks how do mermaids make babies 0.o
    I GET ASKED THIS ALL THE TIME OH MY NEPTUNE IT'S AWKWARD. (Especially since my boyfriend always follows with "Well, when a man loves a fish very much...)

I GET ASKED THIS ALL THE TIME OH MY NEPTUNE IT'S AWKWARD. (Especially since my boyfriend always follows with "Well, when a man loves a fish very much...)
    I so laughed really hard out loud.. my boyfriend shutters when i talk mermaids or vampires which is my other love lol >.<

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    Thats the best thing ever!! That awkward moment when you ask your fiance to be a mermaid with you and he points and laughs and calls you "so cute". Then goes to straight face and says no with the most monotone voice ever.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Brooke View Post
    That awkward moment when you ask your fiance to be a mermaid with you and he points and laughs and calls you "so cute". Then goes to straight face and says no with the most monotone voice ever.
    I've done that with my husband. *nods*

Takes a special guy to mermaid with his significant other for sure. I'm jealous of Shelly and Little Orca that way for sure!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    yeh and then i told him he could get a really manly tail and the only thing he said was "its still a tail". coming from a guy who used to scuba dive. Its not like im asking him to wear a pink tail lol

Definetly jealous of Shelly and Little Orca.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Well well, thanks for the compliment ladies. I don't get these guys that flat out refuse to get with their ladies in the water. I always hear things like she "got" me to do it or whatever....bollocks. I always wanted to, just had to get over that fear and insecurity, you know? It really was the last piece of the puzzle, me in a tail, that made up our 20-year relationship, of which mermaids have always been a part. The sad thing is, these guys will never know how awesome it feels to swim that way, so the joke is on them. We made special pains to ensure mine would be "badass", and I think we succeeded. My new one we just finished is even more dangerous looking. It CAN be done.

AMEN! PREACH BROTHER!!! *dances like a crazy chorus lady*

That awkward moment when your boyfriend suddenly starts refering to the tail he was designing for you as 'his tail' and it takes you a minute to figure out that he's agreeing to be a merman in the most subtle way possible, so then you start jumping glomping him while yelling "BE THE FATHER OF MY MERBABIES!" and everyone at the lunch table stares at you like your mad-merwoman.

..... yes, I just did this....

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    about the mermaids and babies question....
    <---I feel perfectly qualified to answer.

I captured a handsome pirate, and now he and I live an amphibious dream.

^This^ is now an awkward moment for you all.

^_^ it pleases me to make people uncomfortable sometimes.

EDIT: OMG Raegan that is AWESOME! That is akin to when a man begins hinting that he wants to marry you, or wants to start having babies.
    Last edited by Mermaid Dottie; 04-30-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Raegan, that's great news, congratulations. You are in for an amazing experience, I assure you. The first time Shell and I swam underwater holding hands in our tails, it was magical. No other way to describe it. Hope it is for you too!