Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: That Awkward Moment When: Mermaid Edtion!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    You know, I actually love to show tails to the gals I work with, who are really are the only friends I see regularly. They look at me a little funny, but they are always amazed at people's artistry and that people really do this. I think that's awesome! But then there's that awkward moment when... a customer sees what you're showing your gal pal over your shoulder and says "I didn't know you served sushi here!" ha ha. (I work in a Chinese restaurant and one of our regulars ((who is in INSANELY hot firefighter)) said that to me last night.) yeesh.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sitre Seer Moroaica's Avatar
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica On Twitter Add Sitre Seer Moroaica on Facebook
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica on Tumblr Visit Sitre Seer Moroaica's Youtube Channel
    That awkward moment when you receive your photos back and you end up asking you mom "Mom, Does my tail make me look fat" lol

Tht awkward moment when a friend you haven't told about mermaids or u being one barges into your room with your tail lying there on the floor

Tht (not so much awkward as hilarious) moment when your trying on dresses for a formal party and one looks awesome on u and when u ask what type (or style) it is your answer is 'mermaid'.

Tht awkward moment when your mom (who's still new to mermaiding and is getting excited about it) shows u a pic or video of mer on the web and u pat her on the back and say, seen it.

Tht awkward moment when your aunt jokes about feeding u like a fish and throwing the food into the pool (food is fruit) and she does and you eat it underwater and then come up and comment on how the salt water pool system makes the apples taste funny only to be scolded for trying to drown.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Stone View Post
    Tht awkward moment when your mom (who's still new to mermaiding and is getting excited about it) shows u a pic or video of mer on the web and u pat her on the back and say, seen it.
    This happens to me ALL the time! My friends post stuff on my wall all the time as well, and so far 10/10 I've already seen whatever it was :P I feel bad telling them that though!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

that awkward moment when you get rope burn from your shell top
    That awkward moment when the turtle yells at you to cover up
    that awkward moment when you make a comic out of it

TIL that I'm not the only one turtles yell at.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

The opinions of non-mammals concerning mammaries can be safely disregarded.

It's nice to see Scott enjoying a swim.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    That ackward moment when you bump into someone by acident and he yells, "Ack there is a fish touching my leg!" and a friend of him saying while trying not to laugh "No idiot, it's a cute mermaid"
    Your imagination is your only limit

Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    That ackward moment when you bump into someone by acident and he yells, "Ack there is a fish touching my leg!" and a friend of him saying while trying not to laugh "No idiot, it's a cute mermaid"

LOL!!

That awkward moment when you tell one of your new coworkers that this weeks paycheck will be going straight into your mermaid fund, and he just nods and says "That's... cool."

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    that awkward moment when you fall asleep in your mermaid tail and your mother walks in and just says "how cute"
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

That awkward moment when you're asking a Lowes employee about silicone and he asks what you're using it for:
    "Uh... this is going to sound really weird."
    "Trust me, I've heard it all."
    "We're making a swimmable mermaid tail."
    "... haven't heard that one, but I like it!"

And then proceeds to tell you about the S&M merman decorations on his big gay christmas tree.

(I had a fun afternoon.)

the Awkward moment when your swimming with your fabric mer tail a little girl comes up to you asking many questions and before you start saying something you get hiccups..

< Me Today..lol her mom came up and said "see honey mermaids get hiccups too.." All in all i made a little girl's eyes sparkle seeing her first "real" mermaid and hopefully a future mermaid to be apart of our community.
    Last edited by New York Mermaid; 05-16-2012 at 11:49 PM.

That awkward moment when parents dont actually take the time to turn around and look...

btw you can see all our mer comics over at http://mermaidcomics.tumblr.com/

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    That awkward moment when you tell you parents you want to be a mermaid for the first time.
    That awkward moment when you realize that your last five posts on your normal facebook page (not your mermaid FB page) are all mermaid related. lol
    Last edited by Mermaid Hamant; 05-19-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Thar awkward moment when you go to put your monofin into your luggage and IT DOESNT FIT!!!

These are all so funny!!

That awkward moment when a child notices your swim suit tag sticking out the back of your tail and says "aw your not real. I see your tag."
    That awkward moment when you leave an event and some children see you with legs and get really mad at you for lying to them.
    (I now never lie to kids.)

That awkward moment when you leave an event and some children see you with legs and get really mad at you for lying to them
    I avoid that by telling them they may see me walking around with my human legs (in case they see me somewhere else too) and they can come up and say hi if they like!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Hamant View Post
    That awkward moment when you realize that your last five posts on your normal facebook page (not your mermaid FB page) are all mermaid related. lol
    Um, yeah. Since I found this page and lotsa more mer-related stuff (and mers FB pages)... I wonder if they'll get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    These are all so funny!!

That awkward moment when a child notices your swim suit tag sticking out the back of your tail and says "aw your not real. I see your tag."
    That awkward moment when you leave an event and some children see you with legs and get really mad at you for lying to them.
    (I now never lie to kids.)
    LOL I tell the kids *want to know a secret- sometimes I transform into a human, just to enjoy things on land, but i like being in tail, plus i got an awesome mertender to carry me everywhere i want to go, but shhh dont tell.*

if they see me in legs i wave and make the shh signaly (finger to the mouth), hey it actually works..

Tht awkward moment when u have a nightmare tht someone broke ur monofin uve been meaning to put in ur tail and u wake up a three in the morning to make sure it was just a bad dream. And then ur dad wakes up and u have to explain why u woke him up.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!