Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Started working on my Tail: So far i got the dummy [emoji322]

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syriianis View Post
    Ahhh, where i am there aren't many privately owned lakes.
    Nebraska. A lot of farm land here.

However there is a park that has a "Beach" (lake with sand) that allows you to get your truck close to the water, people can also go fishing and swimming there.
    That accurately describes where I go to now...except that its mud, not sand. When I am in the water with my silicone tail, I have to take it off while in the water and carry it out. Though I did invest in a powered water sprayer to use for this situation, I still don't like the struggle of walking thru mud to get out of the water.

There are like different areas too where they have deeper waters with docks or just a swim and meet place that doesnt allows any vehicles except motorcycles and dirt bikes lol
    The lake I go to doesn't really have any rules since not many people go there....it's a long drive along a gravel street. Since I am the only one going out there most of the time and not leaving any trash like people do at some of the other places I stopped going to, no one is telling me to keep my truck away from the water.

I got the monofinnnnn~~~~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Syriianis Novella~♥

Looks like a lot of mechanical parts around your feet. Would you be able to adjust them if you were to encase it inside of a silicone tail?

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    Looks like a lot of mechanical parts around your feet. Would you be able to adjust them if you were to encase it inside of a silicone tail?
    The silicone most likely won’t attach to the rubber parts of the monofin. She should still be able to access all the mechanics. The difficulty of adjusting things, however, will come down to the space that is left around them when assembling the tail and from the natural stretch of the silicone.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

The space left.....my point exactly. This is something I struggle with when I put on my silicone tail. Though mine doesn't have adjustable foot straps, I can fit a hand in that space to help secure one foot, but no space left when I slide the second foot in. Not sure if all silicone tails are that way, but mine does have stretch, but its tough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    wow, i cannot wait to see how the tail looks!
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

Great choice! I got a Linden for my new tail too and did a test swim and a comparison to my Finis Rapid and my crappy flimsy fin from Wish. The linden is about the same as the Finish but the feet were far more comfy and it looks much better without a tailskin. Not that that means anything since you will be covering yours in silicone but...I'm glad you like it and are able to start construction <3
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Im so happy to see all the great comments! Andddd today is the glorious day~
    I've bought clay and the things i need to make a scale sheet, and my boyfriend wanted a monofin as well so i bought that too XD

Syriianis Novella~♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Colette View Post
    wow, i cannot wait to see how the tail looks!
    I cant wait either!

Syriianis Novella~♥

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Great choice! I got a Linden for my new tail too and did a test swim and a comparison to my Finis Rapid and my crappy flimsy fin from Wish. The linden is about the same as the Finish but the feet were far more comfy and it looks much better without a tailskin. Not that that means anything since you will be covering yours in silicone but...I'm glad you like it and are able to start construction <3
    It is so powerful :00 and i think im gaining abs just from giving it a swim~, tho it is so fun and i cant wait to see the finished result of my lil projecto~

Syriianis Novella~♥

A positive thing to look forward to: if all goes well, you will at least have some of your stuff by the weekend.

A positive thing to look forward to: if all goes well, you will at least have some of your stuff by the weekend.

Great news im getting the stuff to make my scale sheet first so that will be cit and plastered soon~~

Syriianis Novella~♥

The space left.....my point exactly. This is something I struggle with when I put on my silicone tail. Though mine doesn't have adjustable foot straps, I can fit a hand in that space to help secure one foot, but no space left when I slide the second foot in. Not sure if all silicone tails are that way, but mine does have stretch, but its tough.

I would say this is normal as it is the same in the tail I made.

Im so happy to see all the great comments! Andddd today is the glorious day~
    I've bought clay and the things i need to make a scale sheet, and my boyfriend wanted a monofin as well so i bought that too XD

Best fishes! I can’t wait to see your progress!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Wow! cannot wait to see!
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

Just got the clay today, and am working on the model for my fluke~

Syriianis Novella~♥

Just got the clay today, and am working on the model for my fluke
    Are you going to have enough clay for that?

Are you going to have enough clay for that?
    Definitely, i have barely even used the thing and im getting quite far :00

Syriianis Novella~♥

Ok. Your Amazon purchase screenshot makes it look smaller. Does it dry, or can you re-use it after you pour silicone?

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    My clumsy self would end up squishing something after I spent hours modeling it... I wish you the best of luck in your work, it's looking great so far!