Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Started working on my Tail: So far i got the dummy [emoji322]

Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    Ok. Your Amazon purchase screenshot makes it look smaller. Does it dry, or can you re-use it after you pour silicone?
    Yeah i thought it was going to be really small too :00, and no it doesnt dry it just stays as is, and when i pour the plaster that is what ill use to pour the silicone in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Syriianis Novella~♥

Quote Originally Posted by NeonHyena View Post
    My clumsy self would end up squishing something after I spent hours modeling it... I wish you the best of luck in your work, it's looking great so far!
    XD I thi k it ia impossible with this stuff, it is soooo hard to mold and i have training to model clay

Syriianis Novella~♥

Doing this clay mold will be the main and hardest thing im doing today ;m; my hands sting like hell from how hard this clay is >;0

I also started adding textures to my finished pieces of the fluke

Syriianis Novella~♥

Close to getting it all i. Place but not just quite.
    The clay is really brutal to work with so the next batch i buy hopefully wont be as hard.

Syriianis Novella~♥

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    wow! how cute! i cannot wait to see the finished look! good job
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Beautiful design! Already off to a great start my only suggestion is to smooth things out as much as possible as you working on it it makes the result so much more clean.

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Started working on my Tail: So far i got the dummy

Uh.. so yeah.. i havent posted much but some terrible things happened to my art and i just cant fathom to just even bare it.

I have to restart completely over from scratch, my clay mold was treated so poorly that it made me cry for hours and im still so in despair about it..
    There is dirty and trash on it and stepped into the piece and grass that has been stomped into the clay.
    The clay is so hard to work with that i have cut myself many times just trying to work with it.. and to just see how bad is was... im just gonna make a new thread when i begin the new process .. this is what it looked like when i got home nothing was tampered with

Syriianis Novella~♥

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    That happen to me in the beginning inhad to set up makeshifts borders around my fluke sculpts cause the only space I had for it was the floor and still people stepped over it but what I learned from that is that restarting on sculptures is also a good thing because once u start again it’s fresh and you have more knowledge of what you are doing and have experienced how do it better than last time. So I say try to find the good in this disaster and make the best of the experience, perhaps if you have some other space or you can slide the sculpt beneath the couch so it’s out of the way? Slide it beneath your bed if there’s space.

I’m sorry this happened to you I feel your pain from memory but it gets better!

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Stomped? As in "accidental" or did someone vandalize your work?

Stomped? As in "accidental" or did someone vandalize your work?
    They stomped on it, deliberate. Ive stepped on it myself with shoes and it has never dented.. which sucks

Syriianis Novella~♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syriianis View Post
    They stomped on it, deliberate.
    I'm not going to make any suggestions on how you should proceed dealing with that individual since I don't know what their relationship is to you or what the entire scenario was, but if it was me, I would end up with one less friend. Even if that was to leave me with no friends, it would be better than hanging out with someone who would do something like that.

This project can never be worked on again.
    Sad but true, no where near any of my art supplies and the feeling of a deepening depression consumes me every time i look at this thread..

Syriianis Novella~♥

Just because someone else destroyed your work doesn't mean you need to give up forever. Your current work may be lost, but you can always start over. It may not be today, tomorrow, or even this year, but you shouldn't just call it quits on this project especially with how far you got.

Just because someone else destroyed your work doesn't mean you need to give up forever. Your current work may be lost, but you can always start over. It may not be today, tomorrow, or even this year, but you shouldn't just call it quits on this project especially with how far you got.
    I want to start a new tail.. just cant in my situation

Syriianis Novella~♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syriianis View Post
    I want to start a new tail.. just cant in my situation
    You don't need to right now. Take the time to resolve your other issues and get settled before you do.