Thread: Refresh of my mersona

Refresh of my mersona

I decided to give my mersona a well needed refresh.

This time, I wanted to make it look better overall, and make it actually look a bit closer to me. My last mersona was a bit slapped together.

I added the scales on the tail like I have been on more recent mersonas, as well as making the fins look more translucent.
    My hair looks a lot more like mine, swept off to the side.

Throughout the drawing, I added more shading, and it improved it a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about adding the nose.

If I was going for being realistic - I would've done the belly button different - I've got a spiral, cinnamon roll shaped belly button. 😄

I think the biggest change with this one is I got rid of the hat and the shirt. I thought it over from the old one. I decided that I thought that although they look unique, wearing a shirt and ball cap as a merman would not be very fun.

All in all, this feels a lot more like me, and I'm much happier with it.
    Like reading? Like merpeople? You just might like my book!
    https://my.w.tt/3fC9hydhz5

I think it looks great! <3
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of The South
    I don't think I could ever give away either of my mermaid tails even if my life depended on it, but if it was to exchange them for ones exactly like them except in that shade of blue (or slightly darker), I would have no problem doing so.

I haven't had my account on this site long enough to know what your previous picture looked like, but your mention of a hat kind of makes me want to wear one when I swim with my tail. Just to be more unique, I might even consider wearing my sunglasses and digital watch as I pretend to be a mythical creature of the ocean.

This is what my old one looked like
    Name:  myself_as_a_merboy_by_currentthemerboy_ddt6m54-fullview.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  14.1 KB
    Like reading? Like merpeople? You just might like my book!
    https://my.w.tt/3fC9hydhz5

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of The South
    So no feelings about a shirt and hat even though I would probably be wearing one if I had to actually present myself as a mermaid. The tail definitely looks better in your updated picture.