Thread: Hi I am new

Hi I am new

From NYC. I am starting this post for my girlfriend who is a huge mermaid fan. Since I love to see her happy I would love to learn more about helping her enjoy. She has expressed interest in doing some mermaid things she saw in Pennsacola, Fl. As much as I would love to bring her there she is busy now with studying for nursing exam and then a job will come. Hoping to find closer places to visit anywhere in the US. and ideally some within a few hours of NYC.

Any help or advice is appreciated to help share the experience with her.

Hello there! Nice to have you around, always great to see supportive partners join and be curious. There are plenty of professional merfolk everywhere so i am sure you can find someone local for her to visit at a show or event. And most professional and even hobbyist mermaid have what we like to call a 'merwrangler' which is (usually a boyfriend or father) who helps with luggage. And sometimes that luggage is the mermaid :P So after a mermaid has gotten into her tail and can't walk to the pool merwranglers help transport them. Or they help move gear like tails and other things. They are very helpful and amazing and there are not enough of them in this world <3
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

You can buy two tails - one for each of you and learn how to swim with it - preferably together. Then you might have a shared hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    You can buy two tails - one for each of you and learn how to swim with it - preferably together. Then you might have a shared hobby.
    yes that is my plan. But I am not sure how to even find places where they have events or places to go to swim with a tail just to try.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by evantodd View Post
    From NYC. I am starting this post for my girlfriend who is a huge mermaid fan. Since I love to see her happy I would love to learn more about helping her enjoy. She has expressed interest in doing some mermaid things she saw in Pennsacola, Fl. As much as I would love to bring her there she is busy now with studying for nursing exam and then a job will come. Hoping to find closer places to visit anywhere in the US. and ideally some within a few hours of NYC.

Any help or advice is appreciated to help share the experience with her.
    Hey, I lived in Pensacola for a year. Really great place. If you're looking for tails, Fin Fun I think would be great to start looking, as they're inexpensive but pretty good.

They're also nice and light for inexperienced tail swimmers. The site here has a collection of other tail makers too.

I think it's really cool that you want to do tail swimming with your girlfriend. I really want to try it myself, and I hope that a future girlfriend will want to do it with me.

Hello and welcome. I've been to NYC once before but can't picture myself living there...too much concrete. I can see how it would be difficult to find places to live this fantasy there. That's also sounds like a good relationship going on there to have a couple who both have such an interest. I slowly started looking into this when I lived in Florida, and did not make the dive until I moved to Nebraska. I've been taking my tail to random lakes for the past couple of years and I hope to soon move back down south where I originally came from and be able to use it more often than I get to here.

Quote Originally Posted by evantodd View Post
    yes that is my plan. But I am not sure how to even find places where they have events or places to go to swim with a tail just to try.
    Your best option is to connect with other merfolk in your pod. Not sure if NE has an active Facebook or discord pod group but thats where I go for info on meetups for my pod.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc