Thread: FoamOrder Neoprene colors

Question FoamOrder Neoprene colors

Ok, so I'm wanting to order my neoprene from FoamOrder because it's LITERALLY HALF the cost of neoprene from Seattle Fabrics. The problem is with FoamOrder I'd have to get white (I really don't want to paint the whole thing a base color before I even do details) or "forest green" while Seattle has a turquoise that's closer to the base color I want.

Has anyone ordered the forest green from FoamOrder?

Or am I better off going with white regardless and painting a base coat and details?
    *formerly MerAriel*

If you think you can work with it, get the white. Go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware to get wood stain. Most of what you will find there is different shades of brown. Alternatively, go to Office Depot and get some ink for stamps. You will mostly find black and red there, but some might have blue or other colors. Some paints get stiff when it dries, so I'd use that as a last resort. Ink or stain will absorb into almost anything...including clothing and skin, so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMermaidMegan View Post
    Ok, so I'm wanting to order my neoprene from FoamOrder because it's LITERALLY HALF the cost of neoprene from Seattle Fabrics. The problem is with FoamOrder I'd have to get white (I really don't want to paint the whole thing a base color before I even do details) or "forest green" while Seattle has a turquoise that's closer to the base color I want.

Has anyone ordered the forest green from FoamOrder?

Or am I better off going with white regardless and painting a base coat and details?
    Are you sure the cheaper place is selling Neoprene and not neoprine? Also, Neoprene is one of those materials that you really, really don't want to skimp on. Getting it cheaper means it will compress faster, deteriorate faster and wont hold up over time. I would be devastated to put all that work into a gorgeous tail just to have it fall apart after a few swims.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc