Thread: mersona

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England

mersona

Hi!!!! i am new here. i couldn't really find a section that seemed to match this post, but if there is one i didn't see for mersonas, please tell me!!!!

I want to start working more on my mersona. but i am a bit stuck on what to do. is there anyone that can give me a little bit of help? if so, please do!!!!
    thank you!!!
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

Junior Member Pod of New England
    I am a newbie too, but something that greatly helped me was a playlist called “Mersona Bootcamp” on YouTube from The Magic Crafter. Another resource is a podcast called “The Scales and Tails Podcast” by Courtney Mermaid aka The Vancouver Mermaid. Thee is an episode on her podcast called “Creating Your Mermaid Mersona.” These both really helped me get an idea of the basics for a Mersona.

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    One thing to remember is there isn't really a right or wrong way (except where you're being hurtful to others) to make your mersona. It could just be the name you go by when you're feeling merpersony, or it could be a whole "character" that you put on while you're performing.

I just commented on another post about mersonas so I don't want to repeat myself too much. But the best way to create a mersona is to just start thinking about all the things that made you who you are as a person today. Thinking about who you want to be as a mermaid, what choices would she have made and how would that have developed her differently? Or if you wanna get really fun and crazy, throw yourself into an entirely knew country or location and figure out what you would have done and boom, Mersona personality. As far as history, deciding things like family, location and culture can really help to give you a boost.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    cool! i will watch it
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

For me, I started reading mermaid legends and folklore. It helped me with mine

I just started crafting my mersona recently but i figure that the first thing you should probably do is figure out where your mersona is from and then decide if your a siren or a mermaid ths should help you pick a personality and a name.